Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS divisional insignia used by NATO soldiers

Article about: Hi guys, This is old but I found it to be interesting nonetheless. I wonder whose idea this was! NATO SS? Czech troops wear Nazi insignia in Afghanistan - YouTube

Default Re: SS divisional insignia used by NATO soldiers

Quote by talltom View Post
    you never know maybe his name was hans and he liked swords and shields
    You're not far off:

The soldier who had decorated his helmet with the "Hohenstaufen" shield was a Czech Lieutenant called Čermák; first name Jan, but commonly called Honza. ("Jan" being the Czech equivalent of the German "Johannes" and "Honza" being the equivalent of "Hans".)

He actually did claim that he had simply used the "H" device as his initial...

Romea.cz - Two elite Czech soldiers wore SS shields on their helmets in Afghanistan

Quote by Paul E View Post
    This sort of thing is far from new it's been going on for years particulary those in the forces who are collectors or interested on the Waffen SS / FSJ etc , the choice of Dirlewanger was a very stupid choice and bound to attract attention. Then article is typical of the RT coverage of anything seen as possibly Fascist !!
    I agree that Dirlewanger wasn't the best choice. Why pick the most rotten of the SS?

Could you imagine if an entire platoon-sized German unit had done the same thing? Heads would roll...

sssssssht guys before they start bitching about the zz in kizz

isn't it true in a sense that the media and public are really against soldiers the amount of times that soldiers have been accused of so many things when they are fighting for freedom and to keep their nation safe the media just stirs up a hornets nest.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2