Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Article about: Hi This is the new Stalingrad movie trailer. Looks good to me. Martin Stalingrad 2013 trailer -

Default Re: Staligrad 2013 movie trailer

Looks good.

Shame about the Schürzen on the Panzer IV though. I was under the impression that only the Ausf.H and very late Ausf.G had Schürzen, which were not used at Stalingrad. But then I suppose it covers up the T-34 road wheels. Call me pedantic, but I wish the producers of multi-million dollar movies would take more care to get the details right. But then I guess the movie-going public, in the main, doesn't know or care about the details.

There we go: rant over.

Martin

Quote by ZigZag View Post
    Watching the German soldiers in those scenes, I cant help but wonder how many of those helmets are now being sold on Ebay as "Original, WW2 German Helmets from Stalingrad"....
    ....and if they added "2013" then they would be correct! ( bet they don't )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Looks good.

Shame about the Schürzen on the Panzer IV though. I was under the impression that only the Ausf.H and very late Ausf.G had Schürzen, which were not used at Stalingrad. But then I suppose it covers up the T-34 road wheels. Call me pedantic, but I wish the producers of multi-million dollar movies would take more care to get the details right. But then I guess the movie-going public, in the main, doesn't know or care about the details.

There we go: rant over.

Martin
    You are absolutely right.
    However, the majority of moviegoers either don't know, or don't care. It is sufficient for them to know it is Stalingrad, and it is WWII.
    Then everything else presented in the movie must be right.

I've watched my fair share of Russian war movies the past couple of years. I don't know how this will turn out, I do however feel that scenes like the mass execution scene of the retreating Russians by their own (as seen in EATG), will not be in this one. There is a lot of revisionist history going on in Russia these days, as I have witnessed in several other Russian movies.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be "ohh look how these glorious soviet soldiers defend their homeland against the fascist hordes" - with a crappy ending involving someone finding the love of their life in the midst of the chaos.

Seems watchable. It does look like Enemy at the Gates.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Exactly! A romantic movie not a war documentary! I was totally entertained !

Nick
    I can respect a man, who can get in touch with his female side and who is not afraid to admit it in open forum.

During the 'movie' I sat there making gagging noises whilst getting punched in the shoulder by the GF.

Quote by Scout View Post
    I can respect a man, who can get in touch with his female side and who is not afraid to admit it in open forum.

During the 'movie' I sat there making gagging noised whilst getting punched in the shoulder by the GF.
    Lol! I am just an old romantic I guess

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Trailer looks ok. I don't feel an urge to watch it though. I know exactly what they will represent to the audience. It's a Russian production film so i expect it to be one sided. Plus the Soviets will be the super heroes, kind and loving people (a bit of romance and love story to make it more touching to the female audience) whilst the Germans will of course be the mean, evil, cruel, inglorious bastards again etc etc ................. Oh and a bit stupid of course
    Conclusion: one of the same.

p.s. I liked the "Enemy at the games" too.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Lol! I am just an old romantic I guess

Nick
    Judging by the pics I've seen of your lovely bride you'd be a fool if you weren't!lol

A very nice film i have recently watched was the "Into the White"
    I totally recommend it to everyone. Maybe there is a thread here about it? I am not sure.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Judging by the pics I've seen of your lovely bride you'd be a fool if you weren't!lol
    Funny this is though mate she hated Pearl Harbour

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast