Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stash of Nazi Daggers Found In Hamburg.......From China.

Article about: by stuka f Of course, scout! My remarque was sarcastically ment, therefore the ";-)" at the end! I managed to miss the winking icon Of course you would know I am sure no halt to co

?

Default Re: Stash of Nazi Daggers Found In Hamburg.......From China.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Of course, scout!
    My remarque was sarcastically ment, therefore the ";-)" at the end!

I managed to miss the winking icon Of course you would know

I am sure no halt to copy's was intended by the confiscation of the goods ....that would have been "news"!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    In a perfect world, it would herald a stop for all copies....., but I'm not holding my breath either *SIGH*

Im glad this was exposed.......and most likely the company could not meet their due date of paying a courtesy fee to keep their business open.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good news, less of these crap repros in the world the better

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    Good news, less of these crap repros in the world the better
    Even better news!

Apparently the consignment was addressed to be shipped to a certain,

Mr. Pawel Nowak,
    Piastowska 20/41 97-500,
    Radomsko,
    Poland.

That's another week he's robbed folks for nothing......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As far I know importing items with swastika to Germany is not illegal. Or at least it is not illegal to import original militaria. Maybe some forum members form Germany can expalin the situation. Or was all problem only because these were copies and not original items? So they have no historical value and are just propaganda items and nazi propaganda is not allowed?

Ha ha, very good Ned!

It's good to know that those fakes won't be flooding the market, but there is an interesting historical irony to this affair. In WWI, the Germans attempted to foil the British blockade by having goods consigned to Germany routed through a neutral country, usually Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, where the goods were trans-shipped to Germany. Under existing law, goods intended for Germany that passed through neutral countries were under "continuous voyage" and exempt from siezure. When the British began siezing goods routed through neutrals and on to Germany, the Germans roundly denounced what they believed was a violation of international law. In the case of these Chinese-made knives we have a modern version of the same continuous voyage issue. Products made in China that are consigned to a buyer in Poland, were routed through Germany where German customs siezed them. Fascinating. Dwight

The most disturbing aspect of this case to me, anyway, is knowing that this was,undoubtedly, not the only shipment of this trash ever sent. How much more of this soon to be aged and tarted up garbage actually Got through to the original destination? One wonders just how many of these beauties are lying buried at the moment in the soils of Poland, destined to hit the market a year or 2 from now as "newly discovered ground dug rare German daggers!".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The most disturbing aspect of this case to me, anyway, is knowing that this was,undoubtedly, not the only shipment of this trash ever sent. How much more of this soon to be aged and tarted up garbage actually Got through to the original destination? One wonders just how many of these beauties are lying buried at the moment in the soils of Poland, destined to hit the market a year or 2 from now as "newly discovered ground dug rare German daggers!".

For sale at Krakow flea markets as we speak i bet!...

Ebay....here we come!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2