Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Stolen collection

Article about: On the night of 21 July 2008 , criminals broke in at my home and workshop , and almost my complete collection has been STOLEN, weapons, ammo , helmets , bayonets , headgear , etc , the (almo

Quote by philip View Post
    I live in Belgium . All weapons that were stolen are reported and registered by Interpol. For all the smaller items such as helmets , caps , daggers , etc , ..... there is no hope at all for any recovery . It"s a 100000 € loss .
    You have my sincerest condolences for your loss. From one collector to another, I can't imagine being in the position you've found yourself in. No amount of money can ever replace these unique pieces of history. With luck, at least one of the thieving buggers will be caught one day.

Regards, B.B.

?

I hope they'll burn in hell , really do !!

Quote by philip View Post
    I hope they'll burn in hell , really do !!
    A sentiment I'd doubtlessly share if I were in your shoes!

B.B.

Is this a coincedence: Philip from Belgium, as well as Philippe (Gillain) from Belgium?

The difference in both thefts is: the one in 2008, the other one in 2017.

?

Who'll tell ????

From one collector to another, that must mean a lot of sentimental value. When ever I lose a quarter, I get emotional to the extent of close to crying, I couldn't imagine losing my small collection. And to think that the person that stole this probably has a lot of money, and wouldn't use it to buy anything besides stealing someone's collection is beyond me. I think that these people who ruin peoples collection are as horrible and disgusting as the people that once were collaborating with the Germans. Anyways, any new leads?

?

Almost 12 years ago now , lost faith in recovery long time ago . No leads at all . No help from government authorities as well , none !

You would think if opportunist thieves had stolen a collection of this scale there would be parts that surface with dealers or online in the months and years following. When nothing emerges it does suggest the collection has remained together and probably was stolen to order by some shadowy deep pocketed collector, probably in Eastern Europe.

?

I'm an honest guy , worked a lot to buy these things . Not the smartest way to raise a collection . Better go on the hunt and steal from others , crime does pay off , no doubt about that .

I think that if youtube was not in its infancy in 2008, then maybe you could have gotten to a WW2 channel in the netherlands/belgium. (If you still are a bit interested, then go to reputable people, for ex. History Secrets, a youtuber) Also, I wish you luck on your vehicle collection, and hopefully no one can steal that!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11