Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stolen collection in Portland OR

Article about: Once again, very sorry to hear of the collection being ripped off. I live in Oregon and its very possible the collection or pieces of it will start coming my way. I will also pass the word t

Default Re: Stolen collection in Portland OR

That's heartbreaking. The thief had better hope that his fix was worth it.

Try to get a list of everything: serial numbers, names on named items, lot numbers, characteristics, and as many photos as possible. Post them on every militaria forum you can think of. I know that if my colelction was stolen, you all would be among the first to hear about it.

I had a couple of wrist watches and a large coin collection ripped off several
    years ago. None of the local pawnbrokers I talked to would tell me a thing
    - or even if they had made recent purchases of watches or coins.
    Perhaps a visit from the law makes a difference.........
    Regards,

Steve.

And it wouldnt hurt to get in touch with every militaria dealer in the area. Let them know some of the items to look for and to be on the lookout for shady characters contacting them about large collections with no information on how they obtained the items. Drug users don't sort out items by price and piece by piece, they will take all of it to one place and get the most they can for it and be done. They don't hold onto stolen items for very long and they dont shop around for the higest bidder.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I had a couple of wrist watches and a large coin collection ripped off several
    years ago. None of the local pawnbrokers I talked to would tell me a thing
    - or even if they had made recent purchases of watches or coins.
    Perhaps a visit from the law makes a difference.........
    Sometimes it does. Depends if the pawn shop wants to keep their license. Most don't want to go through the crap that comes with not reporting items they have bought. I know of one such pawn shop locally that got busted about 8 months back. They weren't reporting every item that they purchased. I havent heard anything about them recently, but they were getting slammed in the local news paper.

Most importantly no one was hurt or injured in your family and unfortunately the thief wasnt hurt either,, but there will be a time for sure. So as of now while focusing on a recovery,, also focus on a tighter security system,,( and i dont mean with just electronics and Surveillance ) but common sense practices. There is nothing more angering than a punk thinking you owe them something because they dont have and feel they dont need to work for it. Its easier to take a dangerous gamble and steal it. He got away with it THIS TIME,,, but the next time the thief will hear these last words if he tries it again somewhere........"gamblers dont win all the time",,,and I guess this wasnt your time!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Damn! That's a bummer. All that hard collecting to go up in smoke in someone's crack pipe.

The fact that he knows who stole his collection makes finding it much easier. Once you find the relative, you will find out where the pieces went. So all hope is not lost.

Regards,
    Corey

Just proves the old saying ...... " you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your relatives" ........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The thief's identity is known. Contact the Police....turn him in....let Them find out who he sold it to....Recovery should be possible. If not, take a couple of friends and "persuade" the relative to tell you exactly where it all went-addresses, names, phone numbers, etc. Either way should work just as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This is a tough matter if your cousin won't press charges then its no longer a police matter and they can't do anything to help. Also you know who did it but can you prove that he did it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast