Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Stolen firearm found

Article about: I was notified today that I can go and pick up a .45 pistol that was stolen from my residence almost 5 years ago. I had actually given up hope of ever seeing it again. The buggers removed th

Default Re: Stolen firearm found

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hmm.

I think we should introduce a new feature on the forum, similar to the 'Friends' list thing but maybe called:

'Friends who, when you visit you will need to wear body armour, announce yourself from the end of the drive, then duck and weave all the way to the house, knock loudly and hope they're not asleep'........
    Adrian,

No need for that, if your expected then no worries...
    If not you better call WAAAYYYY ahead of time...
    Thats how it works in this territory..
    Just a heads up if your ever on this side of the pond...

?

Damn did you ever find your safe, I own a Cannon safe and the company will cover the cost of the safe due to theft or fire damage?

Hope it works out for you!
    Curt

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    in the countryside You are all alone and have to defend Yourself.
    This is one of the reasons we chose to buy a Moss500 4+1. I dont hunt and we rarely ever shoot it in the yard, but....it would take the cops 15 minutes at the very least to get to our home in the boonies if my family ever really had to call them. By that time, it would be too late. Unfortunately it is a field model, which I did not know about at the time.

Its rough that in some places you would have to worry about the laws when trying to defend yourself from an armed intruder! Especially if crime rate is high, it does not make much sense to me. But It is also interesting to see how much lower crime rates can be in countries with strict gun laws tho. Tough situation for alot of places and people. I sometimes wonder what the US would be like w/ strict firearm laws...
    Glad you got your 45 back Tom! Where I live, you need a license to own a pistol, but not for shotgun/rifles

Quote by Bill T View Post
    This is one of the reasons we chose to buy a Moss500 4+1. I dont hunt and we rarely ever shoot it in the yard, but....it would take the cops 15 minutes at the very least to get to our home in the boonies if my family ever really had to call them. By that time, it would be too late. Unfortunately it is a field model, which I did not know about at the time.

Its rough that in some places you would have to worry about the laws when trying to defend yourself from an armed intruder! Especially if crime rate is high, it does not make much sense to me. But It is also interesting to see how much lower crime rates can be in countries with strict gun laws tho. Tough situation for alot of places and people. I sometimes wonder what the US would be like w/ strict firearm laws...
    Glad you got your 45 back Tom! Where I live, you need a license to own a pistol, but not for shotgun/rifles
    Bill T,

Why a moss500??
    Why not a siaga 12 with a 20 round drum??
    Just asking..
    If it takes law enforcement that long to get
    there, you could have disposed of a body
    and cleaned the scene by the time help came..

Here is an interesting story:

One of my friends had a neighbor who went on vacation and asked him to look after his house for him while he was away. The day after the neighbor left, my friend was walking over to his house to feed his neighbor's dogs when he noticed a white van with all the doors open parked on the road behind the guy's house. He heard some commotion in the backyard, so he began walking in that direction to investigate. As he rounded the corner of the house, he spotted 5 guys, dressed in black, with their faces bear, standing outside the back door of the house...looking in the direction of the van. The backdoor was cracked open a little and my friend noticed that there was a large stack of boxes, and a pile of electronics, including a computer and tv screen inside the house next to the door. The 5 burglars didn't notice my friend standing there, so he had time to draw his gun and he pointed at all of them and screamed "All of you, get on the ground right now!". They started to panic and dropped to the ground immediately. My friend ran over to them and said "don't get up, I'm calling the police." He dialed 9-11 on his cellphone and the police told him that they would be there as soon as possible. After a few minutes, one of the burglars, still laying face down on the ground, started to get up...he was going to make a run for it. My friend pointed his pistol right at the guy's face and said "you don't want to do that, friend". haha, so the guy quickly dropped back down. Once the police arrived my friend told them all that had happened, and they notified the neighbor. The police arrested the burglars. A few days later all 5 of the burglars were set free. The judge ruled that because there was no signs of 'forced entry', they could not be convicted...all the charges were dropped.

Hi Tom,

Glad you recovered your weapon! The .45 may hold value for future resale if that's of importance. A flashlight, and a semiauto are fine choices for home defence. Shotguns and rifles are too big and cumbersome and can't easily be handled with one hand if needed. At night, a small handheld flashlight can be held in hand while holding the high capacity semiauto in both hands......a deadly combination! In an Oh-sh*t situation, aim isn't the greatest, and ammo may go extremely fast! Fire 8 rounds in an average sized room of a house, and the burglar may run away from the noise and fear of the fire power. The ultimate goal is to survive and keep the family safe! Under pressure, quantity will prevail.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Here is an interesting story:

One of my friends had a neighbor who went on vacation and asked him to look after his house for him while he was away. The day after the neighbor left, my friend was walking over to his house to feed his neighbor's dogs when he noticed a white van with all the doors open parked on the road behind the guy's house. He heard some commotion in the backyard, so he began walking in that direction to investigate. As he rounded the corner of the house, he spotted 5 guys, dressed in black, with their faces bear, standing outside the back door of the house...looking in the direction of the van. The backdoor was cracked open a little and my friend noticed that there was a large stack of boxes, and a pile of electronics, including a computer and tv screen inside the house next to the door. The 5 burglars didn't notice my friend standing there, so he had time to draw his gun and he pointed at all of them and screamed "All of you, get on the ground right now!". They started to panic and dropped to the ground immediately. My friend ran over to them and said "don't get up, I'm calling the police." He dialed 9-11 on his cellphone and the police told him that they would be there as soon as possible. After a few minutes, one of the burglars, still laying face down on the ground, started to get up...he was going to make a run for it. My friend pointed his pistol right at the guy's face and said "you don't want to do that, friend". haha, so the guy quickly dropped back down. Once the police arrived my friend told them all that had happened, and they notified the neighbor. The police arrested the burglars. A few days later all 5 of the burglars were set free. The judge ruled that because there was no signs of 'forced entry', they could not be convicted...all the charges were dropped.
    There must be more to the story, "forced entry" does not have to be evident in the case you have described. No offense intended. Pass the threshold of any home without a warrant and you can be shot by the homeowner, legally, every time. This country holds that threshold very very Very sacred! Look into it. If 5 burgs were caught (in your described scenario) and freed by a judge for the described reason, I'd appeal the case, and win every time.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    There must be more to the story, "forced entry" does not have to be evident in the case you have described. No offense intended. Pass the threshold of any home without a warrant and you can be shot by the homeowner, legally, every time. This country holds that threshold very very Very sacred! Look into it. If 5 burgs were caught (in your described scenario) and freed by a judge for the described reason, I'd appeal the case, and win every time.
    It's fine. I should have added this little bit: The reason they were not found guilty is because there were zero signs of any forced entry, as well as no definitive "proof" that the men were in the house. My friend did not see them inside the house, remember. Therefore, as the only witness, he could not be 100% it was they that were inside. If there is more to the story above, I am not aware of it. I was only repeating what was told me. In my state, NC, if an intruder breaks into your house you are not allowed to shoot him unless he threatens you and you cannot escape. If you do shoot him, without following the above tenants, then you will be arrested. That is what the law says in North Carolina, and yes I know it is a ridiculous. Here is a link: http://www.civitasreview.com/public-...trine-compare/ Anyways, this discussion over state laws is a little off topic since the thread is about South Africa, guns, and robbers. It's best to get back to those topics.

Regards,
    Corey

It's fine. I should have added this little bit: The reason they were not found guilty is because there were zero signs of any forced entry, as well as no definitive "proof" that the men were in the house. My friend did not see them inside the house, remember. Therefore, as the only witness, he could not be 100% it was they that were inside. If there is more to the story above, I am not aware of it. I was only repeating what was told me. In my state, NC, if an intruder breaks into your house you are not allowed to shoot him unless he threatens you and you cannot escape. If you do shoot him, without following the above tenants, then you will be arrested. That is what the law says in North Carolina, and yes I know it is a ridiculous. Here is a link: http://www.civitasreview.com/public-...trine-compare/ Anyways, this discussion over state laws is a little off topic since the thread is about South Africa, guns, and robbers. It's best to get back to those topics.

Regards,
    Corey
    Corey, like I stated in an earlier post...
    If he/she is in your hme make sure there
    dead... Its your word against whoms
    when the cops are asking you questions...

It's fine. I should have added this little bit: The reason they were not found guilty is because there were zero signs of any forced entry, as well as no definitive "proof" that the men were in the house. My friend did not see them inside the house, remember. Therefore, as the only witness, he could not be 100% it was they that were inside. If there is more to the story above, I am not aware of it. I was only repeating what was told me. In my state, NC, if an intruder breaks into your house you are not allowed to shoot him unless he threatens you and you cannot escape. If you do shoot him, without following the above tenants, then you will be arrested. That is what the law says in North Carolina.

Regards,
    Corey
    Corey, I understand you are relaying information and things get lost in translation, no blame on you

Regarding an unlawful entry into someones home and being killed for it......dead men tell no tales! It's difficult to convict a homeowner who defends his home against someone who illegally enters it when it's a one-sided story. Entering my home uninvited will cost the ultimate price (if entered at night, for ex). My home was burglarized (my parents home) when I was a boy and I was robbed once. Then I ran from gang bangers with guns as a teen. PHooey!!! As Sherm would say, "mule muffins"! As an adult I leaned to fight back and have trained law enforcement in CQB and Room Entry, I'll be damned if I am a victim of these LOSERS ever again. Learn your local law, know how to apply it, learn when to apply it, and Apply It! You have every right to kill an intruder in every state in this Union that enters your home in a violent and riotous manner! These matters get under my skin, lol. There are too many victims made by laws people don't understand. Every State has its own laws and they should be sought and understood. This is the only way to get back at these low-lifes.

My post was meant to inform and inspire forum members. No offense was intended toward you, Corey. No offense was intended toward those who fear guns and self defense. Some folks feel good knowing someone else will protect them, I believe everyone should learn to protect themselves, to some basic degree. I have been victimized enough to make a stand.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast