Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Stolen firearm found

Article about: I was notified today that I can go and pick up a .45 pistol that was stolen from my residence almost 5 years ago. I had actually given up hope of ever seeing it again. The buggers removed th

Default Re: Stolen firearm found

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Hi Tom,

Glad you recovered your weapon! The .45 may hold value for future resale if that's of importance. A flashlight, and a semiauto are fine choices for home defence. Shotguns and rifles are too big and cumbersome and can't easily be handled with one hand if needed. At night, a small handheld flashlight can be held in hand while holding the high capacity semiauto in both hands......a deadly combination! In an Oh-sh*t situation, aim isn't the greatest, and ammo may go extremely fast! Fire 8 rounds in an average sized room of a house, and the burglar may run away from the noise and fear of the fire power. The ultimate goal is to survive and keep the family safe! Under pressure, quantity will prevail.

Green
    Green,

If you take a cheapo 12 ga double barrel, and cut it down to
    a "stage coach" type.. you can keep your flash light and semi auto
    while your trying to find someone and aim to fire at them, you could
    unload both barrels at the person without aiming at all...
    All you have to do is point it in the general vacinity..
    Have you ever seen what 00 Buck can do??
    If Im not mistaken 00 buck consists of 12-15 pellets of .32 caliber
    sized lead pellets...
    That WILL NOT MAKE YOUR DAY!!!!

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    Green,

If you take a cheapo 12 ga double barrel, and cut it down to
    a "stage coach" type.. you can keep your flash light and semi auto
    while your trying to find someone and aim to fire at them, you could
    unload both barrels at the person without aiming at all...
    All you have to do is point it in the general vacinity..
    Have you ever seen what 00 Buck can do??
    If Im not mistaken 00 buck consists of 12-15 pellets of .32 caliber
    sized lead pellets...
    That WILL NOT MAKE YOUR DAY!!!!
    I appreciate your fine choice of fire power! lol. Obviously a devastating weapon that gets the job done. Do be aware that barrel lengths shorter than 18" are illegal. This would get you in trouble even if you are justified in the shoot. The ATF may pay a visit.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

My Vote the 45 cal. Best in Hand gun knock down power!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Corey, I understand you are relaying information and things get lost in translation, no blame on you

Regarding an unlawful entry into someones home and being killed for it......dead men tell no tales! It's difficult to convict a homeowner who defends his home against someone who illegally enters it when it's a one-sided story. Entering my home uninvited will cost the ultimate price (if entered at night, for ex). My home was burglarized (my parents home) when I was a boy and I was robbed once. Then I ran from gang bangers with guns as a teen. PHooey!!! As Sherm would say, "mule muffins"! As an adult I leaned to fight back and have trained law enforcement in CQB and Room Entry, I'll be damned if I am a victim of these LOSERS ever again. Learn your local law, know how to apply it, learn when to apply it, and Apply It! You have every right to kill an intruder in every state in this Union that enters your home in a violent and riotous manner! These matters get under my skin, lol. There are too many victims made by laws people don't understand. Every State has its own laws and they should be sought and understood. This is the only way to get back at these low-lifes.

My post was meant to inform and inspire forum members. No offense was intended toward you, Corey. No offense was intended toward those who fear guns and self defense. Some folks feel good knowing someone else will protect them, I believe everyone should learn to protect themselves, to some basic degree. I have been victimized enough to make a stand.
    It's fine, I agree that if something doesn't sound right it should be questioned. However, I think you responded to my first post at the same time I was editing it. You didn't read the end in which I posted a link that explained how laws between states are very different in regards to home invasion. Here is the link again: http://www.civitasreview.com/public-...trine-compare/ I do know my laws, and they say that if somebody brakes into my house and I shoot them, I must have just cause for shooting them. The fact that they brake into my house is not just cause. Before I can LEGALLY shoot them two things have to happen. 1) they have to threaten me in a violent manor and 2) I have to try to escape. If they threaten me with a weapon, and I have an avenue of escape, but don't take it and instead shoot and kill them...I am the one that goes to jail, unless I lie under oath and say I had no way of escape. Laws vary between states, and that is my state's law..even though I think it is bogus.

Regards,
    Corey

Corey

Yes, the edit was not posted yet. One must know his local laws!! And it sounds like you know yours, keep yourself safe, friend

Sorry Tom! got off track. My vote is .45. Glad you have a chance to get any of your items back!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Corey,

I know where you are comming from..
    But Im sure if the perp is a HUGE P.O.S.
    The law will look the other way.. (In fact I have seen it)..

Green,

I TOTALY agree with you for a hand gun a .45 is the way to go..
    As said before, I have no guns in my home, nor do I own any
    but know PLENTY of people who have, and I DO NOT SHOW
    UP AT THERE HOME UNANNOUNCED!!! I also grew up hunting sence
    I can remember..

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It's fine. I should have added this little bit: The reason they were not found guilty is because there were zero signs of any forced entry, as well as no definitive "proof" that the men were in the house. My friend did not see them inside the house, remember. Therefore, as the only witness, he could not be 100% it was they that were inside. If there is more to the story above, I am not aware of it. I was only repeating what was told me. In my state, NC, if an intruder breaks into your house you are not allowed to shoot him unless he threatens you and you cannot escape. If you do shoot him, without following the above tenants, then you will be arrested. That is what the law says in North Carolina, and yes I know it is a ridiculous. Here is a link: http://www.civitasreview.com/public-...trine-compare/ Anyways, this discussion over state laws is a little off topic since the thread is about South Africa, guns, and robbers. It's best to get back to those topics.

Regards,
    Corey
    That law is pretty much the same down here. If I come home and someone is attacking my wife, I may not shoot him, if he has killed my wife and is now trying to get away, I may not shoot him..........yeah, right!

Tom

?

In the RD i can without any problems shoot a critter that illegal enters my home, right between the attackers vicious eyes if i feel like to. I just have to be 101% certain the attacker has a gun without my fingerprints on the cartridges or other parts of the gun. 24 hours in a cell, and i am free to go home, I even get my gun back. (Of course i dont have a couple of old unreg pistols somewhere.. How can you think such a thought ?! )

Well, I went to pick up my pistol today and was advised by the police to apply for an Occasional Sportsman's licence. This will enable me to keep both firearms.
    The only problem is that I have to immediately join a club to be able to qualify. That is quite a large cash outlay.
    Whilst checking their files in regards to my licences they found that the application I had made in 2007 for renewal of self defense licence had been lost. I have therefore been carrying my .38 illegally since then, according to the law. They never bothered to inform me of this problem and had I not had to go and collect the .45 I would have been none the wiser until I had to use the weapon or I went through a roadblock.
    I now have the pleasure of having to re-apply for the self defense license as well as the sportsman's licence, both of which also put me further out of pocket.

Anyway, good news is that the pistol is pretty much in the same condition as when I last saw it. Apparently it was found in a storage facility in a safety deposit box similar to the ones in banks.
    The storage facility had been broken into and whilst investigating, the police came across the firearm. I had expected it to have been on the streets all this time.

Tom

Tom: This is beginning to sound like a radio soap opera; one problem/roadblock after another. Are all those regulations supposed to be keeping you safe? If so, and assuming they work, you must be feeling utterly secure now that you know that not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry can have a gun. On the other hand, I wonder if all those charges and fees you are going to have to pay are really just revenue gatherers, like our DMV. God, how I love big government. Glad you almost have your gun back. Dwight

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast