Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

stolen items

Article about: Do you have other pictures of the stolen goods? Maybe some more information about where it happened, in which region of France? Any weapons missing?

?

Rat bastards!! Hope the items get recovered ASAP.

?

Me too... I seem to hear about this type of thing happening every now and then. If I caught a rat thief like that, I'm pretty sure I'd cut off more than a trigger finger or an ear.. ..I'm sure you catch my drift!
    Either way Kris, I really hope this ends in your friends favour. The last incident of this caliber that i remember happened to a member here and fortunately ,it ended well.

As for myself, I have "12 gauge insurance"
    Best,
    Dean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    My place was also robbed, and the thief got caught by the police after a month. Turned out to be a guy I had sold some stuff to months earlier. He got 6 weeks in prison, but I never got my stuff back as the thief never told the police who he had sold it to.
    Be carefull selling stuff to buyers you dont know, and letting them in to your house.
    This may sound paranoid, I record all information of sellers who mail items to me. Name address phone number and any other details. I never bring buyers to my home at all and I do not even sell any TR stuff, just other antiques to fund this addiction. You can never be more careful.

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Me too... I seem to hear about this type of thing happening every now and then. If I caught a rat thief like that, I'm pretty sure I'd cut off more than a trigger finger or an ear.. ..I'm sure you catch my drift!
    Either way Kris, I really hope this ends in your friends favour. The last incident of this caliber that i remember happened to a member here and fortunately ,it ended well.

As for myself, I have "12 gauge insurance"
    Best,
    Dean.
    Dean,
    I think you just need to have your Iron Maiden's poster front and center while playing "the number of the b..." As loud as your speakers can.

?

Indeed!! Then followed by their song , "Aces High" ("..we will Never surrender!")

BTW, good idea in regards to keeping records of anyone who you have given your address to....one can never be too careful.
    Has anyone heard of a device called , "Fake T.V."? ( Faketv.com) ,It plugs ,in your wall outlet and mimics the way it would look if you were watching television in the dark by emitting light that flashes different colors every few seconds. Not 100% protection, but if you are out of town and a potential thief should pass by , they would likely skip your home for an easier target. I thought it was a great idea when I first heard of this invention, it's very inexpensive too, here's one on eBay :

Newly listedHome Security TV Thief Prevention Device Burglar Intruder Deterrent Fake Crime

FAST 'N FREE - Get it on or before Wed, Dec. 4
    Time left:9h leftToday 8:33PM
    $20.97
    0 bids
    Free shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Dean View Post
    Indeed!! Then followed by their song , "Aces High" ("..we will Never surrender!")

BTW, good idea in regards to keeping records of anyone who you have given your address to....one can never be too careful.
    Has anyone heard of a device called , "Fake T.V."? ( Faketv.com) ,It plugs ,in your wall outlet and mimics the way it would look if you were watching television in the dark by emitting light that flashes different colors every few seconds. Not 100% protection, but if you are out of town and a potential thief should pass by , they would likely skip your home for an easier target. I thought it was a great idea when I first heard of this invention, it's very inexpensive too, here's one on eBay :

Newly listedHome Security TV Thief Prevention Device Burglar Intruder Deterrent Fake Crime

FAST 'N FREE - Get it on or before Wed, Dec. 4
    Time left:9h leftToday 8:33PM
    $20.97
    0 bids
    Free shipping
    A pretty good idea but would it work with a professional burglar? a copper who i know reckons if a crook aint sure if you are at home or not, they'll knock on your door and hide to see if you answer the door! but like i said a good idea!...

Why not just install a home alarm system with gsm module and a camera?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

True, gunny. It's not infallible but I would say chances are , most burglars would pass up a home that has lights on or a tv and rather rob a place that looks as if nobody were there. Holidays are a favorite time, as many people are away visiting relatives. That's why it's also not so smart to mention vacations on social networks such as Facebook. Criminals troll the Internet looking for that info..

Chris, you are correct, alarm systems are far better however they are also far more expensive.

Flight of Icarus..usually does it for me.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3