Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Suffering from the swine

Article about: Hi Everyone, Its been a while since I've been well enough to get online, i fell ill last friday, started out as a sore throat and bit of a headache and thought nothing of it till friday nigh

Default Suffering from the swine

Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I've been well enough to get online, i fell ill last friday, started out as a sore throat and bit of a headache and thought nothing of it till friday night when the headache had gotten so bad i couldn't sleep.

Woke up the next day weak, tired, aching all over, coughing up yellow mucus, my nose was dripping like a tap, not to mention being dizzy and very hot.

Obviously at this point i knew i was sick so i decided to eat a little dry toast and take a load of pills to try and combat whatever it was.

I couldn't keep down any food or liquid, and things drastically got worse, i went from very hot to very cold, terrible dizzy spells the pain all over my body not to mention the worst headache i have ever experienced in my life that lasted the entire day before i got my mum to drive to to the emergency ward and after a quick inspection was rushed to isolation as i had all the right symptoms including a very high fever.

I was given a series of injections, had blood tests and swabs, was drip fed 2 bags of liquid as i dehydrated so rapidly and slowly but surely started to come around, the pain started to ease and at the end of a seven hour stay in the isolation ward that the doctors called "the pig pen" i was given a number of prescriptions and once everything was given the clear, X-rays, blood test results, blood pressure, temp and pulse etc i was aloud to go home.

I just thought i should share this with you all as although not the big and scary virus the media has made it out to be it is bad, i am a fit and healthy 27 year old bloke who has been bodybuilding for 13 years and eat and live very healthily and this virus dropped me like a sack of potatoes so fast it was scary.

Please take care and if you start to feel the symptoms i described please seek medical attention as its best to catch it early and be treated for it.

I am now feeling a great deal better even though my pockets are much lighter after forking out nearly over $100.00 AUd on medication including the Tammy flu pills but am expected to make a full recovery by the end of the week.

All the best of health to you all, and am looking forward to stirring things up on the forums again real soon .

Regards-

Darren.

Default Re: Suffering from the swine

Darren, i'm glad your getting your health back. That flu can take the most fit people and make them the weakest on the planet. Stay on your medications and get well soon.

rgds, Ty

Thumbs up Re: Suffering from the swine

Hi Darren

I'am glad to hear you are better now...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Hi guys,

I got Swine Flu about 3 days ago but thank god the symptoms didnt hit me very hard....i mean i had all the symptoms but not to the extreme...im glad i escaped....my mother, missus, her mother and father also have it but im pretty much over it.....is was all a massive hype by the media...

Donnie

is was all a massive hype by the media...

more than just a hype a good few folks here in scotland have died with it including a perfectly fit 15 year old school girl its a SERIOUS situation imo!

Hi Darren,
    I hope you are feeling better now, to take a fit healthy bloke like you down like that it must have been bad. I hope your family are keeping ok as it could go through the lot of you, all the best
    Dave.

Darren,

Sad to read that you got hit by the N1H1. Get well soon!

Nice to know that if I catch it, I won´t have to pay an euro for the treatment. Thank God we have universal health care in Spain.

Regards,

Gus

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate the kind words and well wishes.

Although the media has blown things well out of proportion as they always do and have allot to answer to, the Swine flu is a real threat and people need to act fast on any signs of symptoms before it takes a hold of you.

The faster you seek medical attention the faster you will be treated and recover from it. don't take the chance.

Im on the mend now, am feeling better everyday and am slowly regaining my strength. I no longer feel any symptoms but have been told by my GP not to do anything physically exerting until next week and just to keep resting.

So thats what im doing. All the best to all of you here.

Regards-

Darren.