Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Suggestion on how to make selling and buying safer

Article about: As we know there is good and sometimes- less good items for sale. We are always alittle concerned if the item we are purchasing is genuine. I have an suggestion on how to make selling and bu

?

Default Suggestion on how to make selling and buying safer

As we know there is good and sometimes- less good items for sale. We are always alittle concerned if the item we are purchasing is genuine.

I have an suggestion on how to make selling and buying safer.

We should make it obligatoric to have the item discussed before be able to sell it at all.

Example:

Helmet WH m35- 50 euro, further details and discussion link: xxxxxxxxxx.

If any questions regarding the helmet, please ask in the thread for other members to also assist with your question.

If the seller tries to sell without a link, the ad will not be posted. (i believe that should be doable for Dimas)

Now please do not let this thread just die. It is very important for everyone that something is done with the current situation, and i believe my suggestion is a step in the right direction.

Less work for the moderators, more security for all parts, and also if it works then it should be spread into other forums aswell. Lets try to clean up in the shop.

I just sold a lot of tropical insignia on another forum and two of the items potential buyers asked about so in both cases I started threads on them. Obviously in this case all were originals and had previously passed scrutiny but I am always happy to get confirmation and it also raises awareness of the items I am selling.

What concerns me more is the potential for buyers to chargeback for items if they have paid with a credit card on their paypal accounts.

I have sold over £1200 worth in two days and have already spent some of it on items I wanted so if anyone tries it on I could end up losing a lot of money, though I have sent all except two items insured for full value and those the buyer said he would accept liability so hopefully he is an honest guy, time will tell.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I noticed a thread in the SS insignia section where an item previously passed as good is now considered wrong.

These Items were pointed out to be fake on the sales thread and I would like to know why?????

I know with some items new facts emerge but in this case I would be fecked off if I had bought this after it had been said to be good, though it is always down to the buyer to have their own opinion and not rely on the opinion of others.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Yes Jerry, that thread was the reason for me to try and do something instead of thinking "It aint happening to me, so i dont care".
    Would it be in anyones interest to do something with this problem we are experiencing? Silence is good sometimes- other times it is stupid to avoid something we must face and must try to repair.