Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Terminal Stupidy (no pun intended)

Article about: by Adrian Unfortunately there is stupidity on both sides of the fence. You can't escape it. Whether it be the police tasering a blind man or an idiot wearing a watch as above. Some instances

Default Terminal Stupidy (no pun intended)

Einstein is reported to have said, "Two things are infinite; space and stupidity, and I'm not sure about space." I know this isn't a war artifact subject, but I suppose that under the cloak of "the war on terrorism" it might pass muster for posting on the Forum for discussion. Anyway, a week or so ago, Geoffrey McGann, age 49, was arrested at the Oakland International Airport in California--across the Bay from San Francisco--when he tried to pass through security with this watch. After spending three nights in jail he was released. He told reporters that the watch "is a conversation piece." The police said that their grounds for arresting McGann on suspicion of possessing "bomb-making material" were that, in addition to the watch itself, and while he had no explosives on him, there was the possibility that he was in league with another passenger or passengers not then identified. McGann was also reportedly wearing shoes that were two-sizes too large with insoles, and a shirt with a built in tourniquet. The functioning watch features a micro-circuit board, switch, wires, and a timer--the watch. Dwight

Default Re: Terminal Stupidy (no pun intended)

If he wants a conversation piece, next time try a Dick Tracy watch.

Idiot.

He expected to board a plane wearing that? ultimate in stupidity!......

Mr. McGann was lucky. Over here you only have to be a Brazillian electrician on his way to work via the underground to get the full mag + reload treatment from the 'authoriities'....

Contentious, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think that comment is a bit heavy ned.

Oh Ned............

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I think that comment is a bit heavy ned.
    Maybe, but it is a fact that it happened...Re read my sign off, it's deliberate.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Up here in the north you tend to get 'tasered' for having the misfortune to be blind and carrying a white stick. Apparrently the Greater Manchester Police cannot tell the difference between an elderly blind man carrying a white stick, and some 'nutter' armed with a samurai sword.

I should add that the elderly man is in very poor health, having had several strokes. And the brave constable who tackled him, tasered him in the back, and while on the ground - forced his arms up his back and cuffed him. The pensioner was screaming out that he was blind and had a bad heart.

End result is that the pensioner is now too frightened to venture outside. The constable had his taser removed from him, but was kept on duty. I know there is stupidity on all sides. But sometimes, when the police are guilty of it, someone ends up dead or badly traumatised.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 11-28-2012 at 12:55 PM.

?

Unfortunately there is stupidity on both sides of the fence. You can't escape it.

Whether it be the police tasering a blind man or an idiot wearing a watch as above. Some instances of stupidity get reported, some don't, I guess it depends on the level of stupidity and if the press are bored on a particular day.

It occurs in all walks of life and without discrimination. You can't legislate for it and you often can't see it coming.

Accept it. You can't reason with stupidity.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well Mcgann passed the test for stupidity,,,and the TSA also for catching it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast