Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Terminal Stupidy (no pun intended)

Article about: by Adrian Unfortunately there is stupidity on both sides of the fence. You can't escape it. Whether it be the police tasering a blind man or an idiot wearing a watch as above. Some instances

?

Default Re: Terminal Stupidy (no pun intended)

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Unfortunately there is stupidity on both sides of the fence. You can't escape it.

Whether it be the police tasering a blind man or an idiot wearing a watch as above. Some instances of stupidity get reported, some don't, I guess it depends on the level of stupidity and if the press are bored on a particular day.

It occurs in all walks of life and without discrimination. You can't legislate for it and you often can't see it coming.

Accept it. You can't reason with stupidity.
    I am glad my wifes proclamations on stupidity aren't paid any attention too or my name would be on all the major news channels.

And the Darwin Award goes too.....

I got a kick out of reading this a few months back: The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity

Corey

Great points on both sides of the issue. Being in Former Law Enforcement however, makes me think a bit differently. Case in point: Doing their jobs doesnt mean that SOME doing it for Airports need to be "Automatons" without common sense. In other words--use the brains that God gave you and don't over react. Once the device was found to be safe--that SHOULD have all that was said about it except with a "friendly warning" kind of thing. I saw that happen a LOT--when I was visiting the local International Airport in my area visiting friends who worked there and who were in Security. We used to watch some of the TSA people "freak out" over minor things like--a person forgetting to leave his pocket knife at home--a knife with a 2 inch blade!!!! or even their Schick Razor with spare blades, flashlights, cigar lighters etc and the list is almost endless. Stupidity on both parts is what causes delays, missed flights and hundreds of ticked off passengers. What is BADLY NEEDED--is before putting new trainees on the lines--have them attend classes that teach "Common Sense" and you will prevent a lot of that BS from happening.

Off my soap box now. Let the Tomatoes fly.

I sat one time while waiting in line at the International Terminal in Chicago O'Hare and watched as a group of 5 fully robed Arabs(with headgear included) were being processed through the gates. One old man in their group was in a Wheelchair which was almost invisible beneath his voluminous robes. The security people simply asked him a few questions and waved a wand over his chest and lap(they didn't require that he exit the chair for inspection of it) and then he and the rest of his entourage strolled through the gate and into the terminal. Then it was My turn.....Off with the shoes,wristwatch,belt and buckle,wedding ring,eyeglasses and Parker pen. My carry on luggage was thoroughly ransacked and peered at closely(all stuff like toothpaste,antiperspirant,sun screen,etc had to be in ziplock bags and inside my Checked in luggage-that is, IF it was only miniscule amount bottles-anything more needed would have to be bought in my country of destination after I arrived) and they confiscated my cane until they could confer with their heads together and X-ray every inch of it to determine if it possibly held a MIRV warhead or not-all the while, I had to stand propping myself up against a post to avoid falling on my head on the floor until they reluctantly decided to give it back to me, still watching me with furled brows and waiting for me to suddenly produce the hidden Abrams tank I had stashed in my pocket. Life is Soooo good.....but, at least they sell Courvoisier XO inside the security zone....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

axkFb.jpg
    cFeuu.jpg
    nKQW8.png

A the delights of the Foetid woolen heads of the TSA...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2