Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

Article about: I have been collecting since I was a pre-teen

Default re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

Very cool information collectorww2.

Franz, my #1 soldbuch, Peter Kelch died 14 days after the war ended. Im not sure how or why, maybe he was wounded and died later.

KIA soldbuchs are generally hard to find because the soldbuch was kept by the soldier at all times, so if he died, often, the soldbuch would stay with him.

I emailed a few people in the town that he was buried in, and I got a response containing pictures of his grave.
    Here they are:

Thanks,
    Swayne Martin

IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5527.jpg

Default re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

Understandable martin most KIA are decomposed in the grown some where. There should be a hospital entry late in the war. the Only thing, he could die from is wound or sickness. what was last entry?

Great to see photo of his grave.

Hello Franz,

There are 3 entries from the same day as the "last entries." They are pictured below.

All three of them just show that he died in Heidelberg on 21-5-45, represented by a cross. The last wound/hospital entry is a cross next to the date he died with the stamp of the hospital.

I cant figure out how he died.

Thanks,
    Swayne

IMG_20110323_154400.jpgIMG_20110310_102107.jpg2011-03-26_08-55-55_388.jpg

interesting, I guess that lost to time.

When I first read the title to this thread I was going to reply.......

Teens collecting ? I used to collect teens but they just became too expensive to keep, and a bugger to house.

......but didn't.

Oh wait....I have !

YAY !

Steve T

?

lol steve i agree ! i keep saying if my sister would sleep in the sheed i clould have her room for my collection

having started collecting..........preserving history...........back in 1963, i think i speak for many or all of us here,i am very glad to see the younger people we have here enjoying this rewarding hobby.keep up the good work........dave

im 19 and i tend to collect any ww1-ww2 era equipment. their not easy to get in NZ , but i did manage to buy some gear off a veteran, who didn't want it no more. flasks, ammunition pouch, ww2 British helmet, and a personal find in france, a ww1 1892 Mannlicher Berthier

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    Russian pretty unique IMO Obkreiger (especially an US collector). that long time collecting to... for your age.

Lt. Martin I only got one soldbuch right now waiting for shipment of another...I plan to post pictures of my collection once i been on forum for year... so august i will post my collection, till then you will have to wait.

Here soldbuch
    Bau-Batallion 125
    Bau-Bataillon 125 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Attachment 190747Attachment 190748Attachment 190749Attachment 190750Attachment 190751Attachment 190752

Will post more pages if you like
    i especially like what it says in print on the first book " Regulation Number 53 states that no foreign currency is to be brought home to Germany. Banks will refuse to exchange the currency. If you try using this money in either Norway or Germany, you will get booked" (not the exact translation, but i can't be bothered to write the whole thing )

Here is my Berthier. a rare piece with no conversions. produced in St Etienne in 1894. does anyone know how to trace a rifle back to its regiment or soldier it was issued to?,

Another thing i own which i forgot to mention are 3 post-war RAF pilot notes, for the Spitfire, Mosquito and Typhoon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast