Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

Article about: I have been collecting since I was a pre-teen

?

Default re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

@thefigt I look forward too seeing these items ! They sound very intresting and rare ! Once you have more that one item you have a collection and sounds like you have some cracking items !

Kind regards
    Alex

Default Re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

I'm 16 and collect usually American items- well when I have enough money anyway. I only have a couple of items uncluding a marine pith helmet, navy duffle bags+ spats and boxers. I try hitting alot of places- veteran estate sales usually being the best.

?

Default Re: Are there any teenage collectors on war relics forum ? If so what do you collect ?

hello artur95

thanks for replying ! how long have you been collecting ? i think you should start a thred with your collection and over time you can look back and see how your collection has grown over time !

kind regards
    alex
    alexanderstevens75@yahoo.com

Hi Alex,

Honestly- I have been a collector all my life! First it was teddy bears, stamps than coins. Now its militaria. Ive had military items for years now but only started to to collect them. The first item I received was a photo of my great uncle in his service dress before he was shipped to Germany in 1951. I would be interested in starting a thread- but I lost the cable to hook my camera to the pc with! So it might take a while.

-Artur

P.S., Ive actually received some commonwealth militaria the other day from South Africa; SA putties, canvas bandolier and a leather one too. So by any chance- are you familiar with SA gear? I was told the canvas bandolier was Ugandan, but it has a upside down horseshoe with a arrow pointing up (like the one on the putties). So would you or anyone know if its possibly Ugandan?
    Last edited by artur95; 07-14-2011 at 09:44 PM.

It sure is great to see so many young people collecting. Although my son does not participate on this forum, he too is a young collector, soon to turn 17. He stated about 3 years ago with a single German M34 shell he picked up at the local airport rummage sale, his collection has grown considerably since, just stuff him and/or I pick up here an there, mostly common stuff that fits his budget, but we have stumble on to a few odditeis as well as he's gotten some great family hand me downs. Sadly he has no place to display at home, most of his collection is boxed up in my office or stashed away in his mom's antique trunks. We just recently put up shelves (again, in my office) for his helmets and caps and he displays his gas masks in his room. but nothing fancy, just stuff up on a shelf. He does get to display his collection 3-4 times a year at the local CAF hanger, during an event they host, he really enjoys that.

I am currently in the process of updating his web site and will have most of his collection displayed on it. I will post the url once complete.

Regards,

Russ & Son

That is so impressive, espicially at your age! I was curious as to how you obtained that amazing collection. EBAY? Where did you get the money for all of that. I mainly go on EBAY and splurge with my credit card. Thanks for sharing.

?

Ebay.de is a great place for militaria if you have a good eye and knowledge on what your getting. Ebay is best for photographs IMO.

cheers,
    -Patrick

Also estate sales are fantastic places. That and the famalies of veterans- and themselves. It never hurts to strike up a conversation with a person too. My school's librarian has her father's old things from the war- and today she was nice anough to hand me his blanket he used in the ETO.

?

Im 14 and check my collection post

I am only fifteen, I love history but I have next to nothing in my collection. I have some of my great grandfathers medals, but I want to start collecting Third Reich, Soviet, and Imperial German medals.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast