Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is there any way to figure out if someone is a scammer or not

Article about: I am looking to buy a dagger and is there anything you can do to figure out if they are scammers or not.

Default Re: Is there any way to figure out if someone is a scammer or not

Good job you checked here first Doggert. Take a lookee here on WAF. I think you'll see there's a few well known faces on here who are wise to this scammer.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ok, I'll hold off. As you would know for $400 dollars it is very tempting. Thank you so much for your help it saved me, I appreciate it.

?

thats the whole point of the scam, very tempting for the price. not all that glitters is gold.etc. etc. but check the link ned posted. and just keep that sellers name in mind. there are vareations of it too. just like with that nowak joker.
    andrew

Good for you D-Dog, remember, generally speaking if you see an item that appears such a good buy, then 99% of the time........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

good way of of putting it ned also the dagger seems a bit battered better to save and buy from from lakeside (paul) nice guy and will help you choose a dagger for a good price

tom

I thought it was a scam but I always want to be sure.

?

Hello Doggert and welcome to the forum. It's a GREAT place. As you can see, it's probably just saved you money. These are very dangerous waters we are all navigating with many problems on the way. If you ever have ANY doubt, no matter how small, always post the item on here. There are so many knowledgeable people on here that nearly always you will be assisted. I am a relatively new member but already I have been helped more than once. As others will tell you...if it seems too good to be true...it usually isn't! Don't be afraid to make mistakes either...we all make them...just be sensible and use the tools provided ie, the forum...and you will do ok. Good luck!

Regards

Carl

?

Please, everybody, stop and think about things before you send money anywhere to someone you don't know or have never heard of..........

Is too good to be true?
    Would you, in any normal situation, give hundreds of $/£/€ to a stranger?
    If the person contacted you out of the blue, how did they get your contact details?
    Is the seller a known member of any forums and do they have a good standing in the community?
    If they are a member, how long have they been a member, how many posts do they have and what is the content of their posts?
    Does the sellers name appear on an internet search?
    Is the seller asking you to send the money to a 'friends' account, do addresses, contact details appear consistent to that person and where they're from?
    Is obtaining that 'once in a lifetime' item for a good price really worth the doubt?

There are probably loads more questions to ask but please be cautious on these types of deals with complete strangers. If you have doubts, please ask as the member who started this thread did. Thanks to the guys here, Doggert's money remains in his bank, not some with some scammer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

p.s. great avatar!

The price alone should raise red flags. Once they get your money, what power do you have to get a refund. The guy can mail you an empty box. What recourse is available? As stated by others, deal with known, honest individuals.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast