Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Is there a DDR section

Article about: Hi, I was about to show photos I took during my time on patrol on the Inner German Border in the mid 80's however could not find a part of the forum where these would fit. Can anyone suggest

Default Is there a DDR section

Hi,

I was about to show photos I took during my time on patrol on the Inner German Border in the mid 80's however could not find a part of the forum where these would fit. Can anyone suggest where these would best be shown.

Many thanks

Robin

Default Re: Is there a DDR section

Hi Robin, we don't have one as yet, but it is something I am thinking about.

Place your thread here and I can always move it in the future.

Thanks and I look forwards to seeing the pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I will start a new thread for the photos, Will Upload over the weekend as I ill be busy today and tomorrow.

Best wishes

Robin

I am looking forward to seeing them Robin ! I went to East Berlin in the early 80's through 'checkpoint Charlie' and the East German guards wouldnt let us take photos

A great day,we stayed at Spandau barracks by the prison where Hess was incarcerated

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing them Robin ! I went to East Berlin in the early 80's through 'checkpoint Charlie' and the East German guards wouldnt let us take photos

A great day,we stayed at Spandau barracks by the prison where Hess was incarcerated

Nick
    Why take photos when you can take signs

Looking forward to seeing your pics Robin.

Nice one However I think if I took that in 1981 they would have had something to say

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

lol, very much so Nick, not worth getting shot at for

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Nice one However I think if I took that in 1981 they would have had something to say

Nick
    Oh yes. I was in DDR with my school in '82 or something. One of my class mates lost his passport being drunk on the train back. They held him and our class teacher at the customs station for 8 days. They played a lot of chess with the border guards.

Yes, I think a DDR section would be of benefit and would balance out alongside the Bundeswehr section, I have some interesting photos of East German frontier guards when I too toured the lesser known "Inner German Frontier" which ran from the Baltic to the Czech border, slightly bigger than the Berlin Wall ! We even had a U.K. run border agency there...the "BFS" (the British Frontier Service).
    Prost ! Steve.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!