MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

Article about: A sad, terrible day that makes any sane person step back and say why. The news is now reporting that the 20 year old who commited this killed his mother who was a teacher at this school. All

Default Re: Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

A sad, terrible day that makes any sane person step back and say why. The news is now reporting that the 20 year old who commited this killed his mother who was a teacher at this school. All of the guns he had he stole from his mother's house. Psycologists are saying that his mother loved the children at her school and in this mad man's mind, killing the children was a way to kill his mother again and make her suffer. A sick person who should have been in an institution. The country is in mourning and thanks to all ef our members outside the states for their thoughts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Really terrible and sad news - I feel for the parents being myself a father of a 5 year old girl and 2 year old boy.

My only feeling is sadness. I gave my five year old son, an extra kiss tonight.

Stig Erik

A horrific and senseless act. Thoughts and prayers to the
    innocent victims and their families.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    Such a shame that so many children died when they had so many years ahead of them.
    may they rest in peace and never be forgotten. I hope one day the gun laws will be more harsh in America to prevent further examples of tragedies happening.
    This is not the time to go into that issue, and I respectfully disagree with you.

Regardless, this POS is and was a COWARD. I feel even death is too good for him. May God bless these new Angels in heaven and hold them close. Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to them." And they have gone to Him, much, much too soon.

Truly a horrible act. And on the same day, across the world 22 kids were stabbed at a school in China. What is wrong with the world.

Nope never mind,, I cant post that,, too pissed off and sad
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

In absolute agreement with Larry. Profound sadness, and anger. As a father of three my heart aches knowing what the parents of these innocent children must be going through, all the more so at this time of year. I am picturing the gifts that will remain unopened under the Christmas tree. My deepest condolences to all of the people affected by this senseless tragedy.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

The shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut that took the lives of twenty children, most of them five years old, is a heinous crime. I have been a soldier, a police officer, and I am a gun owner. I have never supported absolute prohibition of gun ownership, nor have I supported over-restrictive gun ownership laws. But, my friends, this barbarous incident goes beyond the limits of tolerance. I now believe that the United States needs a strong Federal law that, while not prohibiting gun ownership absolutely, we need a law that severely reduces the ease with which guns can be bought in this country. No law, no matter how restrictive or how absolute the state's power is, will totally eliminate gun-related crime. But the days when anyone over eighteen can walk into a gun store and buy a weapon and walk out with it need to stop now. I agree that this is a debatable issue, but for me, I'm finished supporting unrestricted purchase and ownership of firearms of any kind. I believe an honest citizen should be allowed to own a firearm, but I also believe that the honest citizen should be vetted before purchase. I do not want any more devastated parents grieving for the senseless loss of a child at the hands of an animal armed with a firearm. There are no easy answers, but one thing is sure, when a misanthrope like Adam Lanza can walk into an elementary school and murder twenty defenseless, harmless, innocent children, something's wrong with the system that allowed him to be armed. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    The shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut that took the lives of twenty children, most of them five years old, is a heinous crime. I have been a soldier, a police officer, and I am a gun owner. I have never supported absolute prohibition of gun ownership, nor have I supported over-restrictive gun ownership laws. But, my friends, this barbarous incident goes beyond the limits of tolerance. I now believe that the United States needs a strong Federal law that, while not prohibiting gun ownership absolutely, we need a law that severely reduces the ease with which guns can be bought in this country. No law, no matter how restrictive or how absolute the state's power is, will totally eliminate gun-related crime. But the days when anyone over eighteen can walk into a gun store and buy a weapon and walk out with it need to stop now. I agree that this is a debatable issue, but for
    me, I'm finished supporting unrestricted purchase and ownership of firearms of any kind. I believe an
    honest citizen should be allowed to own a firearm, but I also believe that the honest citizen should be vetted before purchase. I do not want any more devastated parents grieving for the senseless loss of a child at the hands of an animal armed with a firearm. There are no easy answers, but one thing is sure,
    when a misanthrope like Adam Lanza can walk into an elementary school and murder twenty defenseless,
    harmless, innocent children, something's wrong with the system that allowed him to be armed. Dwight
    You are a very sensible and level headed man Dwight.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast