Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

Article about: A sad, terrible day that makes any sane person step back and say why. The news is now reporting that the 20 year old who commited this killed his mother who was a teacher at this school. All

Default Re: Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

When we look at a terrible event like this, we must remember that the only person to blame is the shooter himself. A gunman will always find a gun if he wants one, banned or locked away in a safe he will find it. Society can only do so much to curve these events and the parents could only try their best to deal with a mentally ill child. I feel sorry for those who lost their children today, but with the drive by media making this a firearm issue right off the back it makes me sick. Can't we get through one day without making this a political event? Those kids had a whole life ahead of them but this man for whatever reasons his mind snapped. I've worked with people like this shooter for many years and I know how they can get, but you can only do so much to stop them once they start something. I just wish a teacher was armed and could of stopped him before he walked into that classroom.

Thanks
    Cody

It's easier for a criminal/gangbanger/drug dealer, etc to get a gun in the US, than a law abiding citizen! They need to stop closing mental homes in the US and open more. It's a huge problem in NYC! But what do I know? I've only dealt with countless EDPs (Emotionally Disturbed Person).

?

As has been mentioned already, I did not start this thread to create a platform for those wishing to air political views or the rights and wrongs of gun ownership.

Please put things into perspective. This is not the time or place.

We should reflect upon the terrible losses to those families involved and for whom Christmases hereafter will not be about joy and happiness but sorrow and darkeness.

I find it particularly sad that some people wish to voice political feelings in the light of so much tragedy. Show a little compassion please.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Indeed.

My thoughts go out to the families. Terrible.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Is it too much to ask to leave the politics out of this? Adrian began a very nice thread in tribute to those lives lost and as well wishes for them from him and all members of the forum from outside of the States. Lets not turn this tribute thread into a political platform. Leave you political rhetoric at the log in screen. The responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the SOB who pulled the trigger. Please, remember that those of us with children are holding them a little tighter, hugging them a little longer and kissing them a lot more often tonight. There are twenty or so families in Connecticut who will not be doing that tonight or any other night. They have to go home and listen to the silence. No more stomping of little feet running, no more hugs when daddy or mommy comes home at night, a brother or sister with one less sibling. No more giggles and silly laughs. No more pillow fights and bedtime stories. Silence and emptiness, perhaps forever. So save the anti-gun and more gun law politics for another thread. Keep this thread for tributes and prayers. I'm sure the families could give a damn about laws and background checks as their child lies in a funeral home. All the laws in the world won't bring back their children.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
    Our Lord is with thee.
    Blessed art thou among women,
    and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
    Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of God,
    pray for us sinners,
    now and at the hour of our death.
    Amen.
    Helmetone, I could not have said it better, our private thoughts on gun control both pro and con are for another day and another forum. For me this is a day of reflection and sadness. I have grown children and my grandsons are 7 and 5. I cannot even begin to understand the grief the parents of those children are feeling, I can tell you that I told my daughter to hug the boys a little tighter last night. Well said

This tragedy should be a wake up call to all parents and a reminder that these tiny feet and hands will not be small forever. Cherish the moments each day ,,hold them tight. Mainly make the time for them,,even if it may be insignificant,,but not insignificant for them,, remember their minds our not like our own so their understanding of what is important to them,,...Is important to them. Time goes by so fast and those tiny peanut buttered hand prints on home mirrors,,will be gone. Children are a gift from God. Make Christmas special this year for those who have small aged children,,,extra special!! They are yours as you have been given a trust. For those small children in Connecticut who will not have a Christmas here,,they will be honored guests At Gods table this and every year after. Anything can happen anywhere and at anytime.....Hold them close, hug them, tell them you love them. By doing this , you are doing Gods will.
    Lets not putrid stain this with the subject of guns,,, there is no welcome for that subject here during this time. Thank you Adrian for starting this thread. Regards
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Is it too much to ask to leave the politics out of this? Adrian began a very nice thread in tribute to those lives lost and as well wishes for them from him and all members of the forum from outside of the States. Lets not turn this tribute thread into a political platform. Leave you political rhetoric at the log in screen. The responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the SOB who pulled the trigger. Please, remember that those of us with children are holding them a little tighter, hugging them a little longer and kissing them a lot more often tonight. There are twenty or so families in Connecticut who will not be doing that tonight or any other night. They have to go home and listen to the silence. No more stomping of little feet running, no more hugs when daddy or mommy comes home at night, a brother or sister with one less sibling. No more giggles and silly laughs. No more pillow fights and bedtime stories. Silence and emptiness, perhaps forever. So save the anti-gun and more gun law politics for another thread. Keep this thread for tributes and prayers. I'm sure the families could give a damn about laws and background checks as their child lies in a funeral home. All the laws in the world won't bring back their children.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
    Our Lord is with thee.
    Blessed art thou among women,
    and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
    Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of God,
    pray for us sinners,
    now and at the hour of our death.
    Amen.

Amen. I don't have children but I empathize with those parents and cannot imagine the pain they must be feeling. The pain of losing a children, losing them less than two weeks before Christmas and exacerbating it with the investigative requirement that goes along with something like this. It didn't dawn on me until the 10pm news last night when they mentioned it was still a crime scene.

I saw this and thought what a true hero this women is.image.jpg

A pity that he didn't simply paralyze himself when he shot himself.....maybe lying on his back and looking at the ceiling for the next 60 years would have given him abit to think about...I Do know, that it's very likely that many of these families will ever celebrate Christmas again....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I will now hug my 5 yr old alittle bit longer before I put him on the bus......my heart has been heavy since this happened, I cant even begin to know what to say to any parent that was affected by this, there are no words at the moment, just sadness.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast