Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

Article about: A sad, terrible day that makes any sane person step back and say why. The news is now reporting that the 20 year old who commited this killed his mother who was a teacher at this school. All

?

Default Re: Thoughts to our American cousins after the events of today.

this is a sad day for all of us, the little kids... WHY?

A sad day indeed. I cannot even imagine the pain the families of those who lost their lifes are feeling. I always think that it cant go worse, but then something like this happens.

?

Another terrible tragedy in a world gone insane at times. These massacres seem to be happening with alarming frequency all over the world, perhaps a sign of a global moral decline. Beyond that I don't believe there is an answer, with God or any other greater religious being. Condolences seem empty at a time like this, a tragic and completely senseless act of violence. I wish strength of heart for the families who have lost loved ones.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Where is god when these appalling acts take place?
    Probably one of the greatest questions to be asked over the centuries,,and I applaud Harry for asking it here. Truly nothing can minimize the heinous act of an insane individual,,,and the Best IMO has been seen in the heroic acts by those teachers and helpers,, those who lived and died,,to sacrifice their own lives and put themselves in danger of saving the small children. 28 people died as a result of a "nut bag",,but many more were saved as a result of a selfless act of heroism. I feel it could of been far worse,, but 20 small children is is unfathomable. My heart hurts still for what happened and this video link below can only answer some questions. We are in a world that has gone mad and evil is a catalyst for everything gone wrong. Our study in the Third Reich also is a study in Evil and what can happen if a insane individual is allowed to progress in their steps. This Youtube video is about a Bridgemaster and his son.

The Bridge

Many were saved because of a quick choice,, but on the sacrifice of one. Truly all our hearts go out to the families of the children and the teachers. I watched this video today in church.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I cant think of anything to say other than what has already been said. Rest in peace.

Martin

Morgan Freeman made some interesting comments recently regarding these types of events;

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

?

I think he got it pretty much right....although it is attributed to him, it may not be his statement - but a powerfully worded statement none the less.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    I think he got it pretty much right....although it is attributed to him, it may not be his statement - but a powerfully worded statement none the less.
    I should have researched it more, you are correct it turns out it probably isn't from Freeman. I think the comments about the media are correct though, and all too inevitable.

I'm really not trying to make a political statement here or deviate from the purpose of this thread. Until i got made redundant earlier this year i worked for social services for 22 years in a mental health team, in all that time i only witnessed one minor violent incident.
    Without proper treatment a small percentage of people suffering mental illness will become prone to irrational bouts of violence.
    This incident need not have happened and i can't stop thinking about the all the lives needlessly cut short. What a miserable Christmas there will be in so many households in Connecticut this year and for many years to come.

what can one say.so sad.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast