Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Time lapse of every nuclear explosion on earth

Article about: Seismic Mystery in Australia: Quake, Meteor or Nuclear Blast? - New York Times

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

That's it.

There is a fantastic doc on youtube about the history of these weapons. I will try and find it. Trinity and beyond it was called IIRC.

Found it, here is part one. You can find the rest of it in that link too, or after pt 1 has finished it will suggest pt 2 etc.

Trinity and beyond part 1 - YouTube

?

Besides the environmental cost and the health hazards, I wonder what the monetary cost in todays value is and what such resources could have achieved if directed elsewhere.
    Regards,
    John

?

Looking at it through the timelapse is so scary, it's almost unbelievable, but the figures that really got me was that the UK has detonated 45 devices over the years. Yes, I knew that we have had a nuclear capability since the late 1940's/early 1950s, but I never knew that we had detonated that many!!

Very sobering watching it.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Seismic Mystery in Australia: Quake, Meteor or Nuclear Blast? - New York Times

What a load of cock. If they managed to cause a small nuclear explosion from the use of uranium ore, then it has to be processed by using a vast amount of differing and extremely expensive and hazardous procedures involving huge amounts of heavy water and graphite as a moderator in a nuclear reactor. To obtain a significant amount of U-235 that is of a quality to maintain a sustainable nuclear chain reaction (even a very low one) takes an incredible amount of industrial infrastructure and electrical power that was not available, or has ever been found in the area of Australia where the Japanese terrorists were supposedly building their 'bomb'. Also, an explosion that is the most basic way of spreading radioactive fallout in an extremely limited way, that of a 'dirty bomb' where radioactive material is released into the enviroment by high explosives, would leave a significant trace easily picked up by investigating scientists....Yet nothing other than normal background radiation was found.

So, assuming that the bad guys had advanced scientific knowledge to attempt this, it must have failed as they resorted to placing liquid sarin solution (which can be produced in a household kitchen with a little basic knowledge) into plastic bags wrapped in newspaper tied with string that was then taken onto the Tokyo metro system and 'set off' by placing the packages on the floor and then stabbing them with sharpened umbrella tips causing the eventual deaths of 15 people......How cunning and complicated is that as a weapon of mass destruction??? Dream on conspiracy nuts.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

No comment.

Did that remind anyone of War Games (with Matthew Broderick), or an '80's arcade game?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Seismic Mystery in Australia: Quake, Meteor or Nuclear Blast? - New York Times

What a load of cock. If they managed to cause a small nuclear explosion from the use of uranium ore, then it has to be processed by using a vast amount of differing and extremely expensive and hazardous procedures involving huge amounts of heavy water and graphite as a moderator in a nuclear reactor. To obtain a significant amount of U-235 that is of a quality to maintain a sustainable nuclear chain reaction (even a very low one) takes an incredible amount of industrial infrastructure and electrical power that was not available, or has ever been found in the area of Australia where the Japanese terrorists were supposedly building their 'bomb'. Also, an explosion that is the most basic way of spreading radioactive fallout in an extremely limited way, that of a 'dirty bomb' where radioactive material is released into the enviroment by high explosives, would leave a significant trace easily picked up by investigating scientists....Yet nothing other than normal background radiation was found.

So, assuming that the bad guys had advanced scientific knowledge to attempt this, it must have failed as they resorted to placing liquid sarin solution (which can be produced in a household kitchen with a little basic knowledge) into plastic bags wrapped in newspaper tied with string that was then taken onto the Tokyo metro system and 'set off' by placing the packages on the floor and then stabbing them with sharpened umbrella tips causing the eventual deaths of 15 people......How cunning and complicated is that as a weapon of mass destruction??? Dream on conspiracy nuts.
    Thanks Ned, once again your sense of logic has shone through, I'll sleep comfortably tonight safe in the knowledge that's it's all "a load of cock"! Lol My only disappointment is pondering just how much money I've spent on beer since 1993 trying to come to terms with the fact that I live in the heart of a nuclear testing ground.........actually I don't care, I just like beer!
    Last edited by sandgroper; 11-16-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Correct a typo

Hell with it...I'm still waiting for The Meteor.....Maybe, if we're lucky, it'll hit in the Yellowstone super volcano caldera...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast