Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

the Tower of London Poppies.

Article about: I was in London this week and saw this commemorative installation. You can buy the poppies online if you want one and each is named to a different soldier who fell in the Great War. I had sp

mpw
    ?

Yes, very poignant. Thank you Jerry for posting. Some excellent charities are being supported by this venture so I have ordered mine too.

Mark.

We have one on order too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Tower/London Bridge Poppy Display.

Hi, Tower Bridge/Tower of London has been over run by a constant coil of visitors to see the display of Ceramic poppies. Each poppy represents one Life lost by British serviceman/women who died during WW1. Each poppy cost £ 25.00 and a total of 88,246 were sold. So an outstanding amount of monies raised for 6 chosen charities. The demand was high and sold out very quickly. Sadly we wanted to purchase two but was very disappointed. Hoping that the success of this poppy sale that they consider another one for WW2. If you live near London highly recommend a visit before 11.11 14 as the poppies will be picked and posted out to the buyers.image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg had to take this pic of HMS BELFAST, its really dark to see with the bad light and the semi camouflage colours, I believe she was the first ship to OPEN UP THE FIRE OF THE NORMANDY CAMPAIGN.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Regards SK

?

This is a magnificent display and idea for our National remembrance , i have been lucky enough to get one of the Poppies !

Belfast was certainly one of the first ships to open fire on Gold Beach !

?

So was I, those poppies didn't last long at all... & thank you for the photos very nice indeed... Cheers Terry.

Thanks for the photo's I managed to get along 2 weeks ago with my eldest daughter. The poppies look awsome.

IMG_7042.jpg

Thank god it wasn't H4H running it. Only Afghanistan vets would have got the money! I will be out starting tomorrow - doing my bit to raise funds for RBL and veterans of ALL wars.

I merged the two threads on this into one. Good to see how much it has changed since I visited it the day after it started.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi all, hope you enjoyed your visits. I only found out about this as I was peed off with all the tourists pressing the crossing button and causing long traffic queues along Thames street.

Actually saw the memorial ( across the road ) for the Merchant Seamen who lost their lives serving their country. I have been driving past this for 12 years and never noticed it.......

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Regards SK

I got an email the other day stating that the poppy might not arrive until the new year because there are so many of them to send off when they take the display down after the 11th.

I'll post some pics of it when it arrives.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast