Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Tracked postage in the UK

Article about: I bought something from the bay last week and the seller sent it tracked on the 5th, and it is still to arrive, if they had sent it signed for, either first or second class it would have arr

Default Tracked postage in the UK

I bought something from the bay last week and the seller sent it tracked on the 5th, and it is still to arrive, if they had sent it signed for, either first or second class it would have arrived already, but sent tracked which is more expensive and it has yet to arrive. Signed for 1st class insured would have been cheaper and would already be here, go figure. I tried checking on its progress and get the below message

Item KF###########GB was posted at ### C##### road P## 5## on 05/11/14 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

Not really helpful and what a waste of money for this!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have had similar experiences when using Special Delivery to send items. Under the terms of the agreement, the seller is entitled to full refund of postage costs if it isn't delivered by the next day. The problem is the Post Office sometimes refuse to honour this agreement - and there is s*d-all you can do about it!

It did arrive and it does not make much difference, a day perhaps or two, but why I have to pay higher postage costs for a lesser service escapes me.
    Regards,

Jerry

I bought another item from the bay yesterday and that also arrived today, that is more like it and worth the P&P costs.
    Regards,

Jerry

I have another tracked parcel on the way and this is what the couriers say about it.

From the email they sent

Awaiting courier pickup or parcel dropoff

What exactly does this mean? Either still in a warehouse or in the van, a waste of money.

Also says this;

You will usually receive it 2-3 working days after you get this email, although it may take longer.

I would expect anything posted in the UK to arrive within 2 days, so why pay extra for this great service
    Regards,

Jerry