Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Travel Normandie

Article about: Hey guys, sorry for posting this here, but do anyone know where I could stay in Normandie next summer, for a vacation? I want to be there 1 week, and I will like to stay in places where it l

Default Travel Normandie

Hey guys, sorry for posting this here, but do anyone know where I could stay in Normandie next summer, for a vacation?
    I want to be there 1 week, and I will like to stay in places where it looks old, and reminding me on WW2, if any of you guys know of Hotels, villages, towns etc..
    Please tell me, I love Normandie, was there last year in "Bayeux"
    Last edited by Sebastian; 11-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Default Re: Travel Normandie

anyone?

your best bet is a bed and breakfast place. There a place in saint meroglies that nice. Very old stuff from, pre war in some of the rooms, Door handles are 1920 or 1930 ish. Some towns in Normandy look very modern. (sorry for my bad spelling)

Thank you Franz!
    I guess I'm going to stay there for a week, trying to find some shops, tours and so on, maby even rent a motorcycle

When i went to Normandy, we didnt use tours. Did the research our self and just went to the places, It every where. Anyways as Military shops in Normandy, are not very impressive. Many have there stuff over priced on WWII stuff. They add on the "Normandy" price to it all, even if the peice is not from Normandy. Maybe youll get lucky and find somthing, but I never did.

Agree with the shops, well, I found it extremly good to go on my tour! it was amazing!

Hi Sebastian,
    LA COUPOLE : World War II Museum and battlefield museum, North of France tourism, world war 2 museum
    I've been there once, it's very interesting. If you have transport, maybe you can check it out.

Regards

Thank you Ingrid!

?

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    your best bet is a bed and breakfast place. There a place in saint meroglies that nice. Very old stuff from, pre war in some of the rooms, Door handles are 1920 or 1930 ish. Some towns in Normandy look very modern. (sorry for my bad spelling)
    I take it you mean St Mere Eglise ??

Go to the Old Museum at Falaise / Corridor of Death Museum at Chambois and you have to see the Tiger 1 at Vimoutiers.

As for accomodation there is plenty in all the Battlefield locations
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi there
    i have been to normandy many times and am going back next june, we mainly go camping so i could not help you with places to stay, but there are lots of small villages in the area with b and b type accomodation. As long as you have a basic map you can follow the beaches down from utah to sword and as long as you follow the main roads, nearly all of the main sites of interest are really well signposted. There is so much to see you will need longer than a week, there are so many museums to see, i can recommend the one at utah beach, the airborne museum in ste mere eglise, the longues battery, dead mans corner museum (Paratrooper Militaria) and pegasus bridge, but there are so many more, i would suggest looking on the internet first and making a route / planner, you can also see some pics on there of places that will take your interest. If you hire a car or bike, the roads are very good and its easy to find your way around.

As far as militaria shops, they tend to be very overpriced, because of the area, and the items for sale are not the best (i have seen a big change since i first went out there in 1989) there are surprisingly very few shops in the area, the best ones i can think of is static line in ste mere eglise, there is also another shop to the left of the main square and one other small antique shop near static line selling some small militaria items. There is also a shop in ste marie du mont near the church, and also there is a shop attatched to dead mans corner museum.

I hope this helps a little bit, if you need any more information on places to visit etc, please dont hesitate to get in touch, i will help as best as i can.

regards

jamiegerman44

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast