Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tributes

Article about: I know there is a lot of members on WRF who had/have family members in the various armed forces who served their country no matter which side they were on. i think its a good idea to have a

Default Re: Tributes

[QUOTE=Eric Zentner;454271]Fred K Fraley my friend and father in law passed away 09-15-09 and was medic in the 106th and landed D-day+14. The next to last pic is both of us in Bad-Ems Germany in late 2007 where he was stationed at one point . The last pic is his funeral flag and medals that I display proudly.

Many times, and often with tears in his eyes, my Uncle would say that the Medics were the bravest soldiers on the battle field. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Many times, and often with tears in his eyes, my Uncle would say that the Medics were the bravest soldiers on the battle field.
    same even today medics are easily the bravest blokes in any army!!

4md
    ?

, Great thread.....heres my grandfather, his war started in tobruk as a reinforcement for the 2/48 battalion. He spent from the end of april til early september in the siege, until he was wounded in the calf with a burst of machine gun fire whilst returning from a listening post in the salient. He was then evacuated but returned to his unit in the middle east. He went onto fight in Tel el eisa and el alamein was involved in the battle for west point 24 on the 22 july 1942, and the alamein battles in late october
    After returning to australia he went onto new guinea
    My grandfather told me very little of the war throughout my life it was only recently and just before he died that we sat down and talked in depth about his experiences, needless to say i was amazed

regards Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3