MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Trip to antique stores

Article about: Hi here are few of the pictures from my Saturday trips for “treasure searches” in antique stores; I started to collect polish-militaria. I have found few interesting items I think you might

Default Re: Trip to antique stores

Don't buy the Imperial Tank Badge...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Don't buy the Imperial Tank Badge...
    Im not going to buy any of the items, im just posting my finds, but thanks for warning. When Ill go back to that store I will have to say, that Imperial Tank Badge is a copy?

What do you think it is and what would be the price?

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Im not going to buy any of the items, im just posting my finds, but thanks for warning. When Ill go back to that store I will have to say, that Imperial Tank Badge is a copy?
    Yes, these are HEAVILY faked. The "CE Juncker" (should not have a serif on the 'J') mark is wrong, the bow is incorrect, the tank is not right, silver content marks are not legitimate in that combination (and poorly stamped), and the detail is not up to standard...not to mention the screwy back plate (at the top). I think I see evidence of the "tick" mark or die flaw on the lower right side of the hinge well on the reverse. That alone is a strong indicator of a bogus badge...in combination with the other discrepancies - it is a death blow. This same flaw is found on absolute fake aviation badges as well.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

In another store Ive found that uniform with stamp inside I think 1943 Toronto, he wants $50 for uniform and 10 for the picture, and what do you think?

?

be careful of what you buy from this guy. Gary

3mk
    ?

Hey Mariusz,
    Where is this store??Is the owners name Gary Miller??
    Thanks

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Mariusz,
    Where is this store??Is the owners name Gary Miller??
    Thanks
    The store is in Gerard PA I don’t know what is the owner name, to me he don’t know much about most of the items, I think that he just did not knew that it was copy.

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    ...I think that he just did not knew that it was copy.
    You know, I have found that a lot of antique store and military outlet owners truly don't know what they have (that can also work to THEIR disadvantage). Granted, one should know what they are selling, but not every person who sales militaria is knowledgeable.

I have met some very kind store owners that had cases filled with fake militaria, and the impression that I got from many of them, is that they really had no idea on the items because they were uneducated...not because they were crooks. Some folks really have no idea, and just go off of what they are told.

I have always found that the people with whom I had a good impression of, always thankfully accepted my evaluations when I told them that the items were not good. In fact, they wanted to know why, so that they would know what to look for in the future.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast