Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Trip to antique stores

Article about: Hi here are few of the pictures from my Saturday trips for “treasure searches” in antique stores; I started to collect polish-militaria. I have found few interesting items I think you might

Default Re: Trip to antique stores

The store owner was weary nice my impression is ho dont know much about militaria, he has only small section of the store dedicated to the militaria mabu10-20%, all thou i dont collect other militaria than Polish, i got from him 2 medals i think i played $30. Btw are they original WWII medals and how much are they, if they are original?
    Attached Images Attached Images

From the photos, the PH Medal is WWII issue as is the case. The GCM looks like it is WWII (I need to see closer shots - also reverse to be sure), but the case it is the type used during Vietnam. WWII issue valor level medals were issued in these cases during Vietnam, but I don't think that applied to lower awards such as the GCM, so it may be a mis-matched marriage. Just going off of what I see, and assuming I am correct in my previous statement, the PH Medal if un-numbered and not named should fetch about $75 -80. The GCM in that case (no name -or number-yes, a very few were numbered), and in that shape...about $25. Thirty dollars is more than fair for the set.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

thank you

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    thank you

My pleasure, good hunting. Thanks for showing us the pics.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

save your money and play the lotto,,,

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    What can you say about that? The store owner doesn’t know if it is original.
    The pennant is a fantasy design and these were made in the 1970's.

The RCAF tunic and photo are nice and the price sounds OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3