Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Trip to Italy. Finally able to find militaria!

Article about: Do you have any info on that castle? Is it a Norman castle or Muslim? The French cavalry armor is absolutely amazing! I have a similar cuirassier helmet as the one on the far right in the Fr

Default Re: Trip to Italy. Finally able to find militaria!

Do you have any info on that castle? Is it a Norman castle or Muslim? The French cavalry armor is absolutely amazing! I have a similar cuirassier helmet as the one on the far right in the French armor picture. I would love to see that stuff, especially the pieces from the 19th century French Empires. It is one of my favorite periods in history. I think the toy British soldiers are suppose to represent the Black Watch/ Royal Highlander Regiment at Waterloo defending against Ney's cavalry charge. These pictures are great, Thanks for posting this!

Corey

Thanks for the kind words, gents! I really had a GREAT time!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Great trip and photos Joe - what was with the mud? ... sunblock for North American skin in sun-soaked Calabria??
    Cheers, Dan
    LOL... to be honest, my cousin and I took a walk down the beach and we saw a bunch of people putting clay on their skin (including some beautiful topless women... ) SO... we took the opportunity to enjoy the scenery and put as much of the stuff on our skin as possible... as slowly as possible . Extreme exfoliation, I guess?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Do you have any info on that castle? Is it a Norman castle or Muslim? The French cavalry armor is absolutely amazing! I have a similar cuirassier helmet as the one on the far right in the French armor picture. I would love to see that stuff, especially the pieces from the 19th century French Empires. It is one of my favorite periods in history. I think the toy British soldiers are suppose to represent the Black Watch/ Royal Highlander Regiment at Waterloo defending against Ney's cavalry charge. These pictures are great, Thanks for posting this!

Corey
    Here's a wikipedia link on the castle that may help you: Le Castella - Wikipedia

You're absolutely correct! The diorama represents Waterloo. The museum had A LOT of Napoleonic stuff, but we moved through that area so quickly that I wasn't able to snap many pictures.

Here's a link to their website. Take the virtual tour and you can see more of what they have to offer:
    virtual tour MUSMI - Museo storico militare - Catanzaro

Again, thanks so much for the kind words, gents! I will post pics of my treasures as soon as I can retrieve them from my Cousin.

great photos.thanks for posting

Thanks!

The Hitler Youth in the blue uniforms has me quite curious?

Personally, I would have had much more interest for a photo(or several) of the beautiful topless women and the mud, rather than the greatly disturbing sea monster pic....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

looks like a great trip mate, any pics of the beautiful clay covered topless women by any chance?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    The Hitler Youth in the blue uniforms has me quite curious?
    I think my poor photography skills are to blame. I had a hell of a time compensating for the glare of the display cases and of course flash photography was forbidden.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I would have had much more interest for a photo(or several) of the beautiful topless women and the mud, rather than the greatly disturbing sea monster pic....
    Sorry folks, what you see is what you get! I had infiltrated their ranks and I wasn't going to do anything to blow my cover!!

Here are quick cellphone pics of the souvenirs I came home with:

downsized_0729122136.jpgdownsized_0729122142.jpg

?

You mean to tell us You did'nt help those italian beauties to apply the mud!!!, what sort of hot blooded italian are you?Honestly Joe , the very least you could have done was get your face slapped for the forum, take one for the guys, nice pics though, looks like a neat little museum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast