MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A Trove of eBay Comedy Gubbins

Article about: Hello folks. Was alerted by a YouTube militaria collector to this fine gentleman on eBay. Thought you all might appreciate a laugh. Most fakers will sell one or two pieces at a time, and wil

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Alas some people don't want to know, while looking for something genuine at the Plac Nowy flea market in Krakow, i noticed an American guy showing great interest is an over the top fake SS soldbuch, the type covered in deaths heads, swastikas and runic regimental insignia. I had a quiet word with the guy while the stall holder was dealing with a customer, i pointed out that it was an utter fake and the guy thanked me and walked away, 5 minutes later i saw him return to the stall and buy the bloody thing!!! 400 zlotys was the asking price so that was about £80 flushed down the toilet!...
    'A fool and his money are soon parted,' as they say.

B.B.

An update: Several of this individual's auctions are about to expire, each with dozens of bidders fighting over this ridiculous fantasy nonsense.
    I feel that I simply cannot stand by and watch what is essentially blatant fraud. Knowing that this person knows full well what they're doing makes it even worse. With most fakers, the source is ambiguous. They flood their tat out into the market and remain safely anonymous. But in this case, the gent is crapping in his own nest.
    There must be something that can be done to stop this.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    An update: Several of this individual's auctions are about to expire, each with dozens of bidders fighting over this ridiculous fantasy nonsense.
    I feel that I simply cannot stand by and watch what is essentially blatant fraud. Knowing that this person knows full well what they're doing makes it even worse. With most fakers, the source is ambiguous. They flood their tat out into the market and remain safely anonymous. But in this case, the gent is crapping in his own nest.
    There must be something that can be done to stop this.

B.B.
    It's very frustrating but the people who run ebay don't give a sh*t, i've reported lots of dodgy sellers and never had a reply!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    It's very frustrating but the people who run ebay don't give a sh*t, i've reported lots of dodgy sellers and never had a reply!...
    Knowledge is our only weapon against them, then. If only more of these bidders had heard of WRF!
    Still, it absolutely astounds me how any of them can convince themselves that what they're looking at are genuine pieces.

B.B.

Ebay is a Militaria theatre of the Lazy and Stupid all of who are very deserving in winning the prize of the hunt.

Entertainment all of which are Funny , Sad and Pathetic ...sorry to be so terse ..but an ounce of effort on the key board by typing....
    " Search for" ..could save these people $$$ Thousands !!

Why is this such a stumbling block ?? .....or is everything they own just junk?

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-hospital.png
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

You can't force knowledge onto those who don't seek it.

If Fake Junk didn't sell, they'd stop making it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2