MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this true?

Article about: Yep! Guaranteed piece of the berghoff that hitler may or may not have passed by, gave a cursory glance to or blondie peed on

?

Yep! Guaranteed piece of the berghoff that hitler may or may not have passed by, gave a cursory glance to or blondie peed on

I find this extremely ridiculous and distasteful.
    This should not be permited. Laws have to be created to protect these pieces.

?

Ma mama says life is like a box of chocolates
    Oh hell the boats hit the dock AGAIN

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Wow. Dumb.
    This

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Unfortunately some unscrupulous people think that instead of preserving militaria as a whole piece they are doing the world a favour by destroying it and cutting it into little pieces so everyone can own a piece of 'something'.

Needless to say this practice is completely out of order and I would urge members here not to do the same or give these people money for such pieces as it will only serve to encourage them. The people are not historians or preservers of relics, they are destroyers of history and if there is any outlet where members here can voice their opposition to such a practice I would urge you to take it as this is completely unacceptable to anyone connected to collecting and preserving history, be it militaria or otherwise.

There is also the point that you don't actually know if what is being offered is the real thing. A whole item is easier to authenticate than a little square so you really have no idea if what is being sold is actually real. It is purely a money making scheme for these vandals plain and simple.

As well as the thread linked to above, here is the link to the Civil War Flag Chris alluded to.
    and this.

i always thought the us pith helmets were white while post ww2 piths were green

I knew I should not have cut up himmlers underpants

- - Updated - -

lol

seriously,I know of a certain person who cut off pieces of a certain RAF fighter pilots burnt tunic and apparently sold them.

Maybe this is not true and is just random material designed to get collectors agitated?
    In Australia we would call it " taking the pith"" ........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I agree, its a real pither, damn I must get my front teeth thorted

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Maybe this is not true and is just random material designed to get collectors agitated?
    In Australia we would call it " taking the pith"" ........
    Well done Dan, I bet you can hear my slow clapping from here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast