MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Trustworthy militaria sites?

Article about: by NunoGTI Heres an excelent one, got myself great items there today. Ist located in hamburg The shop itself is amazing, i stayed there almost 2 hours looking at stuff. as i said amazing. He

Default Re: Trustworthy militaria sites?

If you like to browse and can't be bothered to do a search try this site
    Militaria Mart - 15,000+ items of militaria for sale
    There is a wide variety of dealers, some good, some very good, but David keeps a tight reign on things. Anyone selling dodgy gear gets the boot.

And I have to say one thing in defence of Malcolm @ Regimentals. Yes, sometimes his prices can look extreme, but you have to remember. He has been around for a very long time. So he must do something right! And he probably has the biggest selection you'll see outside of the States. How many of you "haggle" when buying something?............... All I guess. So prices can be flexible to a degree. This "stuff" does not come cheap any more, and if you want good stock you have to pay top dollar for it. I should know!!!!

If a dealer gets it cheap, then he's ripped off the punter, and if he pays the going rate, everyone screams "It's too much"!........I give up

And try not to "trash" dealers (like I've just seen above) Let people make their own minds up, do the research on what you are buying, don't rely on others to do your work. Maybe there are dealers out there that knowingly rip people off. I can't comment, but I will say what I know about, and that is................ It ain't easy!

soap box over!

Gentlemen, you cant go far wrong using these chaps... Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books However, a couple of dealers recommended above, are very questionable, and it seems experts at extracting the urine when it comes to prices ! shop around and "Go compare" !
    Happy hunting, Prost ! Steve.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    There is a wide variety of dealers, some good, some very good, but David keeps a tight reign on things. Anyone selling dodgy gear gets the boot.

And I have to say one thing in defence of Malcolm @ Regimentals. Yes, sometimes his prices can look extreme, but you have to remember. He has been around for a very long time. So he must do something right! And he probably has the biggest selection you'll see outside of the States. How many of you "haggle" when buying something?............... All I guess. So prices can be flexible to a degree. This "stuff" does not come cheap any more, and if you want good stock you have to pay top dollar for it. I should know!!!!

If a dealer gets it cheap, then he's ripped off the punter, and if he pays the going rate, everyone screams "It's too much"!........I give up

And try not to "trash" dealers (like I've just seen above) Let people make their own minds up, do the research on what you are buying, don't rely on others to do your work. Maybe there are dealers out there that knowingly rip people off. I can't comment, but I will say what I know about, and that is................ It ain't easy!

soap box over!
    John

The Kreissieger is £100 too much IMO, I just hope no unsuspecting newbie buys it!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Of course Nick. You know your badges (I know that!) And I'm not saying everyone gets it right. Maybe that one is a tad over
    But it's not easy.............. I went to a show today, as a punter, and i was shocked at what other dealers were asking for stuff. Needless to say they went home with it
    but i did pick up some "C" rations dated 1970. 5 tins for ten quid! All un-opened.
    now that's a bargain

?

There is of course Eagle Relics I haven't bought anything from there yet but the owner seems to be a gentleman who can buy me a coffee next time I see him at a show.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Of course Nick. You know your badges (I know that!) And I'm not saying everyone gets it right. Maybe that one is a tad over
    But it's not easy.............. I went to a show today, as a punter, and i was shocked at what other dealers were asking for stuff. Needless to say they went home with it
    but i did pick up some "C" rations dated 1970. 5 tins for ten quid! All un-opened.
    now that's a bargain
    Nice one John! I experienced the delights of C rations circa 1979 !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

At least the link to Militaria Mart. They looks like a sellers for a software for collectors...
    IMO
    Find a better solution for your online shop if you do not want want to lost customers and kill your time in the internet marketing and a search a new customers who are surfing the net. Previewing items is very bad, the system works with the awfully screwed code and absolutely died for Search engine optimistaion. The better solution to run your site with fine HTML code, based on the very easy to use software ( cheap too) is a https://www.coffeecup.com/store/bundles/ecommerce-pro/
    It is a offline solution, which is give you possibility to create site on the fly without connecting to the internet, after all is done, just connect to the server and that's it. If you are looking for a better solution whith a programming skills or find a persone for that- I reccomend Magento or Wordpress with a e-commerce plugin. Both variants is free. But really John, I suspect you need to change the soft you are currently use.

soap box over!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

i did pick up some "C" rations dated 1970. 5 tins for ten quid! All un-opened.
    now that's a bargain
    So that was your dinner sorted then hey John?

?

You may want to consider D D 'S Daggers, out of Marion, NY,...he has quite a selection of nice edged weapons and

many other nice items as well. He maintains his site well and his prices are fair and he offers a lifetime guarantee....

Quote by Dimas View Post
    At least the link to Militaria Mart. They looks like a sellers for a software for collectors...
    IMO
    Find a better solution for your online shop if you do not want want to lost customers and kill your time in the internet marketing and a search a new customers who are surfing the net. Previewing items is very bad, the system works with the awfully screwed code and absolutely died for Search engine optimistaion. The better solution to run your site with fine HTML code, based on the very easy to use software ( cheap too) is a https://www.coffeecup.com/store/bundles/ecommerce-pro/
    It is a offline solution, which is give you possibility to create site on the fly without connecting to the internet, after all is done, just connect to the server and that's it. If you are looking for a better solution whith a programming skills or find a persone for that- I reccomend Magento or Wordpress with a e-commerce plugin. Both variants is free. But really John, I suspect you need to change the soft you are currently use.
    I hear what you are saying Dimas. and it is not ideal, but it is easy to maintain. Takes me longer to take the photos than upload them
    I did design a website using Dreamweaver, it looked great, but boy, did it ever take time to link in every picture!

And Adrian, I'm embarrassed now...........Maybe 2 coffees.
    And I would love to open the rations, just to see what's growing inside!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast