Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two days in Manchester.

Article about: I have two days in the Manchester area coming up and I would like suggestions on what there is to see and do in the locality. I've been to the War Museum and also to U-534 on Merseyside. I h

?

Default Two days in Manchester.

I have two days in the Manchester area coming up and I would like suggestions on what there is to see and do in the locality. I've been to the War Museum and also to U-534 on Merseyside. I have no interest in going to Old Trafford so please don't suggest that! Anything else would be useful!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Two days in Manchester.

Go to the Hilton on Deansgate and have a cocktail in Cloud 23 bar in the evening and look at the view!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The museum of Science & Industry is great, and there is an exhibition of Harley-Davidson motorcycles old and new, customised and their part in culture over the years. That's on 'til the 11th September, but costs £8 per adult or £20 for a family. The museum itself is free.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Platoon might be worth a visit, if you have time ...

PLATOON militaria

Gary J.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Go to the Hilton on Deansgate and have a cocktail in Cloud 23 bar in the evening and look at the view!

Nick
    I've been there! Lots of chrome seating and black leather sofa's, nice wooden flooring and, as Nick says, a wonderful view.....But bloody hell, they charge like the Light Brigade!!! Don't expect much change out of £50 for two cocktails I tell ya!!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
    Nick, if I mention your name in the Hilton am I likely to get a discount or will they throw me out???

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Nick, if I mention your name in the Hilton am I likely to get a discount or will they throw me out???
    I bet he's on commission....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    They will give you VIP service with pretty waitresses at your beck and call ! Thats what I am used to

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

They will give you VIP service with pretty waitresses at your beck and call ! Thats what I am used to

Nick
    I can see that Nick....... You lucky bugger.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Nick
    Fantastic! If the War Office asks, I've been at the museum all day.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I can see that Nick....... You lucky bugger.

Regards, Ned.
    That's exactly what it was like when I met Nick earlier this year Ned. Obviously you've been there too?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast