Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two days in Manchester.

Article about: I have two days in the Manchester area coming up and I would like suggestions on what there is to see and do in the locality. I've been to the War Museum and also to U-534 on Merseyside. I h

Default Re: Two days in Manchester.

That's exactly what it was like when I met Nick earlier this year Ned. Obviously you've been there too?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But not in the 'biblical' sense......Which is a damn shame!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ha! Ha! What a tough life I have at work!

Let me know your requirements Adrian, ie. prefered nationalities, colour of hair/eyes, uniforms, etc I have them all !
    Ned, let me know when you are there next, I will arranged for the best cocktail waitresses to be there for you!

I usually recruit my waitresses from Sweden!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Woolgar; 09-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello Adrian,

If you have some time after the cocktails...which you may or not...then as you have already seen the "U-Boat Story" exhibition on Merseyside, which is fantastic, then I'd suggest a trip to Western Approaches, the secret base for conducting the Atlantic War. Also in Liverpool city centre, at the top end of Bold Street is the "bombed-out church" as it is known, it was hit during a Luftwafe raid and has been left as it stands. A stroll around there is a good way to pass half an hour or so. The Maritime Museum has a small area dedicated to the Atlantic War plus the other sights of Liverpool's historical quarter are very nice too. I know you asked about Manchester, and I have replied only about Liverpool but it is a short ride on the train. Anyway, enjoy your trip!

Regards

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2