Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two scaringly accurate helmet replicas from India to watch out for!

Article about: Hope I do not incur the wrath of some of our members for posting this but I thought the giggle factor was worth it - some may think I am being cavalier but I have a love of the absurd, that'

Default Two scaringly accurate helmet replicas from India to watch out for!

Hope I do not incur the wrath of some of our members for posting this but I thought the giggle factor was worth it - some may think I am being cavalier but I have a love of the absurd, that's all.

Neville-the-less, here is an example of what is coming out of the sub-continent at the moment - accurate representations, no?
    NO....... of course I jest, the 'Ancient Craft Store' ( or Ancient Crap Store ) missed the mark with these ones.

So for the new collector - this is NOT what a M16 or an M40 / M42 ( I don't know what it is trying to be? ) looks like!
    Or to quote a wise man, " These aren't the droids you're looking for "

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Re: Two scaringly accurate helmet replicas from India to watch out for!

Hello Dan,
    Very good, I cant help thinking that the top example looks suspiciously like an inverted bedpan!
    Cheers,
    Guy.

Cool lid "NOT" these are the ones that start at 99p but have shipping priced at £59 hence how they make there money,minnie.

looks like the models m2011 and m2012

Future archeologists are going to be baffled by these monstrosities...
    cheers, Glenn

They look like helmets with platypus bills.

?

I am glad the fakers have made such glareing mistakes in their stamping dies.
    Unfortunattely there will be those that buy these things thinking that they are real.