Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

U-995 in Kiel - my videos.

Article about: Wow!!

Default U-995 in Kiel - my videos.

I just thought I´d upload or put a link to my videos here, in case someone wants to see them. The quality is not the best, but here they are

Chris

U 995 in Kiel, Germany (1 of 4) - YouTube

U 995 in Kiel, Germany (2 of 4) - YouTube The German voice you can hear belongs to the gentleman I met, a former U-boots-Maat.

U 995 in Kiel, Germany (3 of 4) - YouTube

U 995 in Kiel, Germany (4 of 4) - YouTube
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Default Re: U-995 in Kiel - my videos.

Here she is The picture was taken 3 years ago
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, what a beauty!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Thank you for sharing those with us Chris. They are very good clips. Fantastic that you actually met a former U-boot man too, nice bonus on your trip. I don't know if you have ever visited Liverpool, in the north of England, but near the city centre is a very good museum called "U-Boat Story". It is the home for U-534, of which you may well know about. Sadly, the display was altered a few years ago, when some bright spark decided to cut her up into several sections and close her with glass panels. However, it is still a great exhibit, and to my knowledge the only example of a U-Boat that has been raised from the deep (correct me if I'm wrong here guys 'n gals!). I was very fortunate to have several tours on the boat before the changes, i.e. when she was complete and you could walk through. Each time was memorable, and I remember the guide telling me about one of the old crew members visiting the U-Boat just before I was there. The ex-crewman, who in his advanced years had put on more than a few pounds, took one look at the round hatch leading to the command room and said "I can't get through that hole anymore...after all those years on the bottom, I think that it has shrunk!" A lovely little story I thought. If you ever have the opportunity to visit though, I am sure that you would really enjoy it. The connecting permanent display houses an Enigma, many personal items and awards etc, all from the boat and her crew.

Regards,

Carl

?

Yes it was a lovely day ,After we had visited U-995 We went to Munster Tank Museum
    Regards

Sadly, the display was altered a few years ago, when some bright spark decided to cut her up into several sections and close her with glass panels. - How on earth could anyone decide to cut an old sub into 4 pieces and cover them with glass, when there are only 5 of those left? A federal crime, I tell you!

No, I´ve yet to see her, sounds like it is a great experience.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Quote by STG44 View Post
    Yes it was a lovely day ,After we had visited U-995 We went to Munster Tank Museum
    Regards
    Fantastic Museum as well !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the videos. This U Boat is still on my "to do" list.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Once you have seen it, you will want to come back

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the videos. This U Boat is still on my "to do" list.

Cheers, Ade.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

Tw photos of U 995 signed by her commander Hans-Georg Hess !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast