Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U V Lights

Article about: I recently recall seeing a thread regarding the use of UV lights in determining age of cloth etc. (new vs. old) Just what kind of UV will work? Size, power,cost etc? Thanks

Default U V Lights

I recently recall seeing a thread regarding the use of UV lights in determining age of cloth etc. (new vs. old) Just what kind of UV will work? Size, power,cost etc? Thanks

Default Re: U V Lights

hey the threat was mine, you can use a uv light like them you use to stamps. they don't cost so much on e-bay

cheers

I take my stuff with me to the red light district...they have got all kind of UV lights there...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hahahahaha you crasy maan

muenster
    ?

The UV light in my opinion is not a final determination of the originality or age of an item. If the item has been washed with modern detergent which quite commonly happens it will glow under UV. It is a good tool for clues but by no mean does it decide originality.

Best
    Dion

I totally agree with Dion. A small one used to check money/stamps etc is fine and cheap to buy. But Kris' suggestion sounds more fun

Cheers, Ade.

I agree whit your all, when it coms to the UV light and Adrian said the same in the first thread!! and I like Kris's way to it sounds very nice, but I don't think my wife will belive it has anything whit my collection hobby to do

Thanks for the responses. Ebay may be the place to find one, but just what kind ? Ade says stamps and money. But there seems to be all kinds. Black lights etc.Are they all alike as far as results?

"Blacklights" is simply a named used for UV lights.

Any type will do the job.

Cheers, Ade.

muenster
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    "Blacklights" is simply a named used for UV lights.

Any type will do the job.

Cheers, Ade.
    Urg..looks like you are up early also!

The best UV lights are the hand held ones for money. They are quite portable. On another note I hardly use mine and its buried somewhere in my stuff.

Best
    Dion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast