Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U576 wreck Found

Article about: I saw in an internet newspaper that the wreck of the german submarine U576 was found outside the coast of North Carolina, as usual the headline was: "Nazi U-boat found near american coa

?

Default U576 wreck Found

I saw in an internet newspaper that the wreck of the german submarine U576 was found outside the coast of North Carolina, as usual the headline was: "Nazi U-boat found near american coast". I felt that I had had enough of these quick and invidious Nazi-judging headlines so I contacted the author of the article and told her that just because the submarine was German and from ww2 didn't have to mean every crew-member of that U-boat were nazi-sympathizers, and that you were forced to do military service whether you were german, russian or american.

One hour later I got an answer, they had changed the headline when I checked the website. The new headline was: "Hitler's submarine found near american coast". Well I had myself a good laugh.

I would love to see the article posted..and hopefully later....if they raise it..or take underwater photos..that they would get posted here Regards Larry

btw........ The Media caters to the masses, knowing the difference most of the time..but to those who dont study history..are targets from one narrow mind to another. Sometimes I wonder if the tabloids are more credible
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi, unfortunately the text is on swedish and you have to be a plus member to see the whole article. But if someone gets more information or underwater pics of the submarine please post it here.

Yes it's disgusting to see everytime this kind of statement is being used by media, and also very disrespectful for the crew whom all died on that boat.

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

So we finaly found the last resting place of Adolf? Did they find his mustache?

?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    So we finaly found the last resting place of Adolf? Did they find his mustache?
    Yes it seems so, unfortunately the moustache was taken by grave robbers from outer space. :/

Exactly Nick, that's a more proper description.

It would be ridiculous to deny that the U boat was in the service of the Nazi German regime, doing its bidding and attempting to achieve its war aims...

?

The U boat was part of the nazi german war machine and a cogwheel in the war yes, my intention wasn't to deny it's service. My opinion was just that the description wasn't 100% fair, but that's just my thoughts.

Cheers