Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

UK ONLY - insurance companies for collections

Article about: Hello All After collecting most of my life I have acquired a small mountain of militaria. I finally got around to trying to insure it, however, my household insurance who initially said they

Default UK ONLY - insurance companies for collections

Hello All
    After collecting most of my life I have acquired a small mountain of militaria. I finally got around to trying to insure it, however, my household insurance who initially said they would cover it (by raising the contents value) have now stated that they won't. I don't have a particularly expensive single item but the (eclectic ) collection as a whole is worth a few pennies now. My wife did find one company, however, they appear to be a bit funny about the deact guns (wanting to know about deactivation, gun safes, locks, etc - they are on display in my office!). I'm aware that I'll have to do an inventory but was wondering if anybody can recommend an insurance company that they deal with - to clarify this is just to insure the collection at home in case of loss (not public displays, etc)

?

Hello,
    well in France it 's the same. Household insurance include your collection value.
    But the first step is to take photos of your collection ( means every pieces with description ) and transmit the case to your insurance compagny.
    And you can ask to your insurance if they can make an insurance quote.
    But it depends of your collection value. Under a certain amount money, it' s not enough cost effective.
    Hope it can help you.

In such cases who determines the actual value of the items/collection?

Talk to these people here:

Private Collectors

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!