Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ulric of England

Article about: I have had a bad experience with this dealer. I bought a pair of WSS shoulder straps with LAH slip-ons for £850.00. Taking his word they were original, after all he has written the books, ha

Default Ulric of England

I have had a bad experience with this dealer.

I bought a pair of WSS shoulder straps with LAH slip-ons for £850.00. Taking his word they were original, after all he has written the books, has the experience, and has great looking items on the website.

I changed my direction in collecting and put the straps on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum eStand for sale, only to be told unanimously by many collectors that the slip-ons were fakes, see link

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

The straps were returned to Ulric. It took a few weeks before I received a reply - He would not be making a refund as it was over the "return period" in his terms, also if I wanted the straps back I would have to pay the return postage and storage fee.

I have had further correspondence with him, via his solicitors, and his last letter suggested he would dispute the shoulder straps were the ones he sold me. Also if I went public with my claim he would prosecute me for deflamation of character.

My only recourse is to the Small Claims Court where it would be his word against mine.

Since putting the straps on the eStand and the subsequent discussion thread I have been contacted by many collectors who have had similar unsatisfactory experiences with Ulric Woodhams.

The purpose of this post and thread is to share my experience and warn the collecting community. Also to provide a platform so other collectors who have been tricked by Ulric Woodhams can share their tale.

Together we can construct a file of complaints that could help in any future case against Mr Woodhams.

Thank you, Keith

As a new collector I really appreciate you sharing this experience. I would be totally exposed to a similar scenario at this early stage in my collecting 'career'.
    For the time being I'm sticking to the dealers recommended time and again by forum members.

I "tried" to buy a very expensive piece from this "Dealer" and after trying to pay for it, my bank stepped in and refused to sanction the payment. I asked for up to date pictures of this item (on the advice of my bank) and received nothing back.

I didn't buy this item... and I've still got my money

Popskipa,
    You are not the first to have had problems with them.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you Popskipa, I was just about to buy a medal from them, and not anymore. You saved me a couple bucks! cheers mate!

?

I think whomever is in charge of the email correspondence is confusing 'defamation of character' with real criticism. I have heard about others having had bad experiences with this dealer, too.

Unfortunately, some people have to learn the hard way that when purchasing from ANY dealer you risk the chance of buying a fake. Always get your items checked on the forum!

?

Yep, ULRIC OF ENGLAND has stung me too on shoulder boards when I was starting out.

He's a sh*t house who certainly knows better and should in no way be trusted

He is as shifty as a sh*thouse rat with a gold tooth.....