Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

An unscrupulous switcheroo.

Article about: So, a couple weeks ago I asked about displaying tunics. At the time I was looking forward to picking up a Korean war veterans tunic and a DDR Grenztruppen tunic I found at a military surplus

Not to take this thread off track, but to answers Paul's question about why it has a Made in Germany label on it is something collectors should look out for.
    What you are seeing in the ebay link is a sturm-miltec DDR jacket which never existed, it probably started its life as a Kampfgruppen der Arbeiterklasse cut down tunic blouse. In the early 2000s if i remember sturm-miltec bought up thousands of plane tunics and vintage jackets which had no military connection and insignia found in a warehouse and proceeds to mark parts tunics with insignia. Most of the the time they do attached them correctly to the original blank tunics , however there are many configurations which did not exist, they also attached the tags to other clothing items when they resold them which are original, i have included a photo. What you are seeing in that link is one of the older ones which is a Frankenstein piece which just had an additional tag saying made in Germany, the newer ones are exactly the same excepted printed with a large sturm-miltec logo. It is all covered in Uniforms of the East German Military: 1948-1990 by Klaus-Ulrich Keubke.

Original-East-German-Uniform-Dress-Shirt-NVA-Unissued-_1.jpg
    Sorry to get off track.
    Morris

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Did you mean the short tunic with waist band?..... if so here is one, but why the hell has somebody stitched a "made in Germany" Label to it?...
    Vintage East German Grenztruppen Der DDR Border Guard Army Tunic | eBay
    That is the one he had! I went on a web page for a ddr surplus dealer and found absolutely nothing matching it. After his other stunt, even if it was authentic I would have passed. Thanks for the info Morris! I will be staying away from any ddr tunics like it. Even faking ddr tunics! Amazing.
    I know Larry! Don't go out of your way or anything! What a dork!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2