Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Gas Mask ID needed

Article about: Jake, what you have there is a rather nice example of a US M3 Diaphragm Gas Mask, specifically the second type. As you said, these are very hard to find in the UK... where as over the other

Default US Gas Mask ID needed

Anyone have any info on this Gas mask? As to Age and Military Branch.

013.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

Default Re: US Gas Mask ID needed

looks to be the american m17 a1 size medium ,used from vietnam through to gulf war period there should be a date in a circle on the side of the mask ,hope this helps james
    Regards James

Says 64 MSA 2E8 in the circle

The identification as stated by James is correct, and the markings you've stated mean that it was manufactured in 1964 by Mine Safety Appliances.

Thanks

Danny

Correct.
    chris

Thanks guys!

- - Updated - -

Any value too it?

NCA
    ?

As much as someone is willing to pay!$20?They make a bit more if they have the bag and all the other bits and pieces.Yours is the model without the drinking tube

They're fairly common in the US, so I reckon about $15.00 to $20.00 is the rough value.

Here's a little few little giveaways as to what variation it is....There are 3 M17 variations: M17, which has no drinking tube. M17A1: which has a drinking tube and resuscitation mouthpiece. M17A2 which has just a drinking tube. There was also a variation that featured an inbuilt microphone.

Thanks

Danny

Quote by viglenn89 View Post
    Thanks guys!

- - Updated - -

Any value too it?
    1964 is a nice vintage ,so you could market it as a nam era gassie ,due to american D.O.D rules on resale of these in the uk there are very hard to purchase over here ,usually to get round that ,the sellers are very vague on the model type i reckon you would make more from a uk buyer as they are more in demand here ,just my thoughts ,james
    Regards James

Wells thats certainly true James infact nearly all US army issued masks are literally none existant in the UK so hence why i went overseas last nite on ebay and bought one,not 100% sure on what exactly i did buy but then where's the fun.got the pics and maybe Danny can chime in....im guessing its a m2 series A3 final version?only a guess,please what have i bought?..............Jake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast