Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Valuable tool

Article about: It a very valuable tool, one I've been using a USB microscope to examine SS and other helmet decals for years now and there are many pinned threads on the topic over on GHW. In fact the USB

Default Re: Valuable tool

Please Dave indulge!!! the photo of your Iron cross is exactly what this topic is about. These little intracasies is the deciding factor in authenticity. I posted my comment a shy later than yours,, thanks for posting the microscope. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Wow- you are absolutely right! This is a must! Both for collectors of militaria, but also for coins, stamps and other pieces we come across in this addiction. Thanks for the tip- i am going to order one or two. (just in case one breaks on a bad time)

What is the magnification? Looks to be a handy bit of kit. How do you take/save the images?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I've been meaning to get one of these, ideal for helmet decals etc. Wise purchase matey!

Jerry, the magnification is 20x to 400x, I'm reading this from the instructions here, all I know is it is very good! It's dead easy to take pics, it comes with a cd rom which has all the installation set up on it and once you've done that it is simply a matter of clicking on the icon and your away. To take a pic you just have to click on the camera icon which opens with the program. You can also video with this thing! You do need to focus manually on anything you are looking at, it has a dial on the side of the microscope that you manually rotate unti the item you are looking at comes into focus, it takes a bit of getting used to but it is great for close ups!

?

To quote one of the guys earlier....I feel a purchase coming on!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Maplins do one either the same, or very similar, currently priced at on offer at £39:99 until the end of October, then reverts back to £49:99
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-digital-...ication-286566

Regards etc

Ian D

Ian, that is almost identical to the one I bought! Grab one boys, the more I mess around with the one I got the happier I am that I got it.

?

Dave, I only picked up on it to see if I could find one like it over here in the UK, so I'm afraid that 90% of the credit should go to you because all I did was a general Google search followed by a search on the Maplins website!
    If in doubt in the UK, try Maplins for anything electrical or similar

Regards etc

Ian D

Great Tool!!! I am going to get one of these.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast