Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

день победы! Victory Day London May 9th 2012

Article about: Hi Guys, just got home from a few days in London in order to attend Victory Day May 9th celebrations. Our day started early, ensuring uniforms were pressed and boots polished. Our first even

Default Re: день победы! Victory Day London May 9th 2012

Very cool Ade Do you know the story behind the older lady in Soviet uniform with masses of decorations?

Very interesting post

?

Super post and thread, Ade!
    Your calm demeanor in the Russian Embassy TV interview, brought home the solemn message of the horrific losses suffered (and why Victory day should be celebrated) much better than any cold clinical statistic ever could.
    The picture of the wizened little old veteran standing amongst representatives of the then allied forces (and being supported by one of them) was very moving (at least to me).
    I noticed, that he was also portrayed in the most excellent Keith Nisbet photo essay.

Thanks guys. I will post the lady Veteran details, sorry but I will have to enquire her name again, too much Vodka has killed my brain cells! She ran away from home, under age, to join up. She served as a sniper then later in a signals unit. She was wonderful, singing and dancing. She "took a shine" to young Jamie ("Comrade Emmett" here in the forum) saying if she were 60 years younger

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2