Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Virtual tour of the Vancouver Island Military Museum

Article about: You are welcome Rene Steve I wish I had a little more time to photograph the medals in detail perhaps my next trip home I will see about adding a little more to the thread. Regards Mark

?

You are welcome Rene Steve I wish I had a little more time to photograph the medals in detail perhaps my next trip home I will see about adding a little more to the thread.

Regards Mark

Great displays, thanks for sharing. Love the Polish battledress

What a fabulous looking museum! Thanks for posting those pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A great museum !

Nice to see the Poppies on the uniforms.

I wish I have one to travel with me...

Back when I was in Calgary, I used to wear it everyday or pin it on my work bag, just to remember them. This started pretty much the same period with my collecting. For me it's kind of "sad" to only see people wear Poppy around Rememberance Day. Why not remember them everyday. Some people ask me, "Why still wearing it?" or "Remembrance Day is over....". I'm not even a Canadian but I wear a Poppy just to remember the ones who gave their lives. Is that a wrong thing, or was I breaking some sort of a rule??

Thank you for posting, Mark.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Your welcome Taka I as well wear a poppy as a show of respect and will wear the pin on style as long as I have one .
    I do have a couple of cloth embroidered ones thay I have had for many years I will see if I can find one to take a picture of.

Regards Mark

Great place and great photos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2