Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Von Richthofens demise ABC Radio

Article about: Hey Guys a interesting story from a late friend of Mine who flew Spitfires with 452 Sqd durring WWII,as a kid in the first war had a friend of his who was first to arrive at the crash site o

?

Default Re: Von Richthofens demise ABC Radio

Hey Guys a interesting story from a late friend of Mine who flew Spitfires with 452 Sqd durring WWII,as a kid in the first war had a friend of his who was first to arrive at the crash site of The Barron and removed his Body from the Cockpit. He told me that a single round had entered his Ass and exited through the top of his shoulder. He also told him of a chainmail vest he was wearing under his Uniform,and he removed a section of this bought it home and gave it to my friend and i have held this in my hand on many occations. It was only about 15 years or so that this chainmail vest came to light and was never mentioned previously.

Greg

I tuned in on the way to work, fascinating story.
    Morris

Whilst serving in the Royal Australian Airforce 1980-1990, we were told Richthofen was alive but bayoneted to death by Australian souveniour hunters.

- - Updated - -

Whilst serving in the Royal Australian Airforce 1980-1990, we were told Richthofen was alive but bayoneted to death by Australian souvenior hunters.

Never heard that one - maybe late night mess hall talk? ..... but I am sure there were those who in the heat of conflict acted outside the "rules of warfare" at times and that never made it into the sanitised histories of Charles Bean and others........" not cricket, wot?"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

AIF
    ?

Sounds like an old RAAF'ies late night drunken tale to me... LOL

AIF
    ?

Here is an interesting picture of the old Baron after he was killed... You can see by the entry and exit wounds the angle which the bullets were coming from... definitely shot from the ground and not the air
    Attached Images Attached Images

12 days short of his 26th birthday - poor bugger ( younger than my kids )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

G'day Dan
    Your a greying semi fossil like me This one pop's into my head every so often and it makes me simply ponder for want of a better word.
    Heinrich Himmler was only 44 when he committed suicide in May 1945.
    Where would life had taken him if the TR had dominated militarily during the Second World War. He most likely would have been still alive in the 80's maybe even the 90's.
    Crazy hey.

Cheers mate

AIF
    ?

Yeah that is pretty crazy especially when you put it like that.

Just imagine the world today If the Germans had won the war... I'm honestly can't say if it would be good or bad, but things most certainly would be different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2