Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Waffenamt Question

Article about: Hi Maybe this has been discussed before, but is the waffenamt stamp still a sign of an objects originality or has the forgers got they,re hands on these as well ? Thanks Martin

Default Waffenamt Question

Hi
    Maybe this has been discussed before, but is the waffenamt stamp still a sign of an objects originality or has the forgers got they,re hands on these as well ?

Thanks Martin

?

Default Re: Waffenamt Question

Martin yes they have gotten hold of the stamps.

Hi
    Thanks for the quick reply,is there any examples that tell of the difference between an original and a fake?

Martin

?

Martin The fakers have some of the real stamps they mark items that would not be marked or they put the wrong stamp on the wrong item. Here in the US a few years back we had a lot of post war bayonets Waffen stamped in the wrong spot. I don't have any examples but I bet others here do.

Gary

Hi Martin, at Beltring show last year you could buy a huge range of brand new fake WaA stamps.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Again
    Thanks for the replies .it,s just that the part of Ireland I am from collecting anything to do with the military it does,nt matter age or what side was strictly out of the question and only for this new internet thingy!!! we are just starting to catch up with the rest of the collecting world.

Martin

Hi Martin, I understand. If you can get over to some of the bigger UK shows, such as Beltring I am sure you would have a fantastic time.

Cheers, Ade.