Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A war find at work!

Article about: I currently work on aviation fuel tanks in the UK, the ones I currently work on were built in the 1930-40 period by German Prisoners of war. The inspection company we are currently using hav

?

Default A war find at work!

I currently work on aviation fuel tanks in the UK, the ones I currently work on were built in the 1930-40 period by German Prisoners of war.

The inspection company we are currently using have done several inspections on the tanks over years and told me they have found some SS symbols found on the floor (made in weld)

Today they showed me a Swastika that is still present even after 70 years of use, will grab a pic of it in the next few days, it really suprised me.

No wonder the tanks have lasted so long being German built, if they were british no doubt they would be like a sieve by now lol

?

Default Re: A war find at work!

Pics would be good when you can get them, are they in Somerset?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

here is the pic!

?

not bad for 70 years of being submerged in fuel

?

You can imagine some POW welding away and leaving his mark....maybe he was homesick!!!

?

Interesting, but a bit odd that a "party member" would get the swastika backwards

?

well this isnt the only one on the sites, there are SS ones too, this is the first one I have seen, however I think the tanks were made by different companies and nationalities.

I find the chance that we would let German POW's do welding on our fuel tanks pretty unlikely, and I think this is something that has just been presumed tbh