Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

War Horse

Article about: I saw this film last night and was very impressed by the WW1 scenes of trench warfare, no-man's land, etc. Has anyone else seen War Horse? Can anyone comment on it's authenticity?

Default Re: War Horse

Instead of remaking red dawn, they should finish the forgotten soldier or someother war movie. We need another Pacific or Band of Brothers

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    That being said 'Pearl Harbor' could do with a remake, too.
    I agree... that film makes me sick. I watched it on the first date with my ex gf... she loved it.

I watched Das Boot with my current gf and she liked it a lot!

IMG_2686.jpg

I think I've made an upgrade!

Looks like. Hey, I've got a song for you: Pearl Harbor Sucked and I Miss You - YouTube

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Looks like. Hey, I've got a song for you: Pearl Harbor Sucked and I Miss You - YouTube
    LOL!

I haven't seen 'Warhorse' but the barrage of trailers means I have been exposed to a fair deal of it-doesn't make much sense-cavalry was of little use on the Western front after the trenches were dug large scale after the 1st Battle of the Marne-the kid who joined up to find the horse would not have been through training before trench warfare meant that the cavalry sat in the rear areas using up vast amounts of fodder waiting to exploit the breakthrough that never came-also a cavalryman has a string of horses allocated to him as horses get sick, injured, tired, killed etc on ops-trenches wide and straight enough for a horse to gallop down are a fantasy too. If you wanted to make a film about horses at war in WW1 then the Middle East or Eastern Front were far more active for cavalry-see 'Forty Thousand Horsemen' or 'The Lighthorse', 2 Australian films about the WW1 Mid East campaign.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I haven't seen 'Warhorse' but the barrage of trailers means I have been exposed to a fair deal of it-doesn't make much sense-cavalry was of little use on the Western front after the trenches were dug large scale after the 1st Battle of the Marne-the kid who joined up to find the horse would not have been through training before trench warfare meant that the cavalry sat in the rear areas using up vast amounts of fodder waiting to exploit the breakthrough that never came-also a cavalryman has a string of horses allocated to him as horses get sick, injured, tired, killed etc on ops-trenches wide and straight enough for a horse to gallop down are a fantasy too. If you wanted to make a film about horses at war in WW1 then the Middle East or Eastern Front were far more active for cavalry-see 'Forty Thousand Horsemen' or 'The Lighthorse', 2 Australian films about the WW1 Mid East campaign.
    The trailer is misleading. I don't want to give too much away... but Joey (the horse) isn't a cavalry horse for long.... and the film spans from pre-war to 1918.
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 01-06-2012 at 08:00 PM.

As far as 'Pearl Harbor' goes see 'Tora Tora Tora' instead-an infinitely superior film featuring no romantic interludes whatsoever!

Finally went to see 'Warhorse' last night and loved every second of it !

The battle scenes were typical Spielberg Oh, and not an American in sight

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

JMM
    ?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I saw this film last night and was very impressed by the WW1 scenes of trench warfare, no-man's land, etc.

Has anyone else seen War Horse? Can anyone comment on it's authenticity?
    I have been waiting for this film for a long time. I'm planing on watching it next week. I'm no expert on WWI but one thing is for sure, Spielberg is a film director who knows his job very well so I do believe I'll love the film. One must not forget that thousends and thousends of horses
    were killed during WWI and that they were used a lot. I do expect to see e great realism on war scenes (as Spielberg did on Pvt Ryan). Maybe what Spielberg wanted to show us with this movie is the value of animals during the war.

The 'over the top' and the charge across no-mans land to a hail of machine gun fire was reminiscent of the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. Awesome stuff!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast