Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

War & Peace Show - It's Happened Over Here Now! Relic Grenade Maims Female Collector.

Article about: A woman had part of her finger blown off when a supposed inert grenade she bought at a military show exploded in her hand. Sarah Bluck, from Sheerness, Kent, also suffered burns to her stoma

Default Re: War & Peace Show - It's Happened Over Here Now! Relic Grenade Maims Female Collector.

poor women ,im curious to know why the grenade had a secondary explosion

Default Re: War & Peace Show - It's Happened Over Here Now! Relic Grenade Maims Female Collector.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I was there on Sunday and a lot of folk were talking about it,from what I could learn was that it was'nt a grenade but a flashbang which exploded in her hand,whether this is true I don't know but apparently the trader was removed from the site and was questioned by police and EOD team,the amazing thing that I heard later on was from another trader, he was talking to a woman trader in the tent that I was browsing in , he was saying that he blamed the woman for messing about with something that was sold to her, I could'nt believe that this man condoned the selling of the device in the first place,he was a elderly English guy, well spoken and well dressed but his lack of concern over another trader selling Iive ordnance annoyed the hell out of me ,if there had'nt been a display table between us I think I wouldhave clouted him with my walking stick,its this kind of attitude from a supposed intelligent person which proves to me that there are some who only want to make a fast buck and they don't care a fig about safety or consequences,unfortunately I can see some serious fallout affecting the show next year, possibly involving the banning of any ordnance items

Sounds like a tragedy that should not have happened there have been several weapon discharges at Tulsa OK gun show. I remember hearing one sometime in the 80's or 90's everyone just looked at the direction of the sound. I think the post is right I am sure if anything like here in US the show will suffer from it and some probably will even try and use the tragedy to ban it. I haven't been to TS GS in years but my friends tell me there is weapon inspections at the door now. Which is a good thing but won't prevent some irresponsible person from a accident on the floor. Hopefully the UK show will use common sense and continue to safely operate. timothy

Red face Re: War & Peace Show - It's Happened Over Here Now! Relic Grenade Maims Female Collector.

Oh dear....I bought an 8cm Gr W 34 round at the Show. I'll just give this black plastic thing on the end a little tap to make sure it's inert #############@@@@@@@@@@........................... ............

Some stun grenades are capable of producing multiple separate detonations in rapid succession upto 10 in some cases - lucky it wasn't one of those !

Patent US8365668 - Multiple output and effect grenade - Google Patents

?

It's funny how Chinese whispers travel because a girl that I work with told me today that a guy had his arm blown off by a grenade in the Show!

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's funny how Chinese whispers travel because a girl that I work with told me today that a guy had his arm blown off by a grenade in the Show!
    I heard it was 3 arms!!!!. Cheers Terry

?

Back in the 90s I dismantled a T-bang in the back of a 432 on Salisbury Plain..when we were all bored like you do!!.Lined all the gunpwder up on the floor plates & was going to do a Guy Fawkes special see it would travel along the powder like it does in the films?.. No way me laddies as soon as we lit the match..there was a big flash & all nasal & eyebrow hairs were gone lol...Moral of the story don't mess with things that go bang!!! Cheers Terry

That's what squadies do when they're bored Terry. We had great fun in Iraq crashing out the QRF setting off MRE packets waiting for them to heat up in the sun, then exploding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast