Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are war trophies a thing of the past?

Article about: I have a few small items I have collected over the years...I bought back a POM-Z anti pers mine from Bosnia..that was a booby trap waiting in a damaged hotel, got on to EOD they disarmed it.

?

Default Re: Are war trophies a thing of the past?

I have a few small items I have collected over the years...I bought back a POM-Z anti pers mine from Bosnia..that was a booby trap waiting in a damaged hotel, got on to EOD they disarmed it..then said do you want it? I was why not!!..he took my name & number..& about a year later it turned up in Germany were I stationed at the time.."makes a great hammer"lol..Another Bosnia item was a thigh bone..thats another story all together!!!. AK magazine from an Iraq gent...Elvis plate in Northern Ireland.."don't ask" lol.& both my escape maps from Afghan & Iraq..I know they ain't really war trophies but they are like rocking horse do do....& then they is the endless supply of US ponchos & liners,caps,sun glasses, blah blah....I think everybody likes a little trophy....Cheers Terry..

Quote by Tango View Post
    I have a few small items I have collected over the years...I bought back a POM-Z anti pers mine from Bosnia..that was a booby trap waiting in a damaged hotel, got on to EOD they disarmed it..then said do you want it? I was why not!!..he took my name & number..& about a year later it turned up in Germany were I stationed at the time.."makes a great hammer"lol..Another Bosnia item was a thigh bone..thats another story all together!!!. AK magazine from an Iraq gent...Elvis plate in Northern Ireland.."don't ask" lol.& both my escape maps from Afghan & Iraq..I know they ain't really war trophies but they are like rocking horse do do....& then they is the endless supply of US ponchos & liners,caps,sun glasses, blah blah....I think everybody likes a little trophy....Cheers Terry..
    On the idea of escape maps, sort of. I got to keep my helmet when I got back. It wasnt on the books so they let me keep it. Not sure how familiar you are with american gear, but its one of the new helmets, ACU pattern cover, and Night Vision Goggles mount. It's pretty cool. Someday I'll pass it on

?

I have my helmet too, its a Jentex..."I don't think that is how you spell it"...But it is lightweight & very cut down..no cover just lots of bits glued to it...I sprayed it myself....lol.. Cheers Terry,

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    I have my helmet too, its a Jentex..."I don't think that is how you spell it"...But it is lightweight & very cut down..no cover just lots of bits glued to it...I sprayed it myself....lol.. Cheers Terry,
    Yeeeesss.........but..............

Seriously Terry?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Storm trooper band leaders ceremonial helmet

I'm afraid it's a Chinese repro

?

Adrian spot except the colour?? more of a sunset pink I thinks???. oh & you are missing some cow bells too lol..Thanks for the chuckle Terry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2