Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Wartime hotels, restaurants and bars

Article about: As a hotelier of long standing I like to see period photos of hotels, restaurants and bars particularly with a military connection. I saw this one yesterday of Aussies drinking at an improvi

Quote by Anon View Post
    A happy group of drinkers.
    Possibly in Italy Jerry with the Martini and the straw carafe

Great pic !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice pics Aleks thanks for posting ! I don't know what the occasion is but they don't look very happy !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Nice pics Aleks thanks for posting ! I don't know what the occasion is but they don't look very happy !

Nick
    The atmosphere towards the end of 1943 started to be rather moody .

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Possibly in Italy Jerry with the Martini and the straw carafe

Great pic !

Nick
    always reminds me of the 70's/80's Martini adverts, the bright one, the right one, that's Martini. Horrible stuff to drink, but the adverts have obviously stuck.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    always reminds me of the 70's/80's Martini adverts, the bright one, the right one, that's Martini. Horrible stuff to drink, but the adverts have obviously stuck.
    You are right Jerry! I also remember ' Martini Any time, any place, any where' and 'Martini, the most beautiful drink in the world....'

Oh the wonderful 70's

Nick

Arrow

Not quite in the spirit of the thread but I had some fun looking for this one a few years ago...

Nuremberg07 076.jpg

Nuremberg07 120.jpg

Well, it is a hotel......

Thank you Martin yes I particularly like seeing pics if hotels where AH stayed !

Thanks for posting

Nick

AH does not look happy in that picture.

Do you think he sent out for pizza and it has not arrived within the 30 minutes stated by the shop, and now he is looking for the delivery guy.

Regards

Richard

Quote by Granatwerfer View Post

Do you think he sent out for pizza and it has not arrived within the 30 minutes stated by the shop, and now he is looking for the delivery guy.

Regards

Richard
    Well if that is the case I would hate to be the delivery guy when he gets there

Nick

Quote by Granatwerfer View Post
    Probably didn't get the non-smoking room and vegetarian meals he had booked.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast